Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

That's three or so posts I've read this evening all basically stating: "Buy buy buy, everything's cheap!!" Bear was completely HAMMERED today, and I even felt the tremors here in Nebraska... thousands of miles away.

If you're gonna jump in, fellow bulls, do so Foolishly.  :-)

TheDude

Print the post Back To Top

While I don't think that everything is cheap, I do think there are a few select bargains out there.  Therefore, I am buying cautiously.  I put money into the market each month, so it needs to find a home.  It is getting a lot harder to find good bargains now though, as I see a lot of pain in the market's future for most stocks.  It used to be that if I looked at 10 stocks, I could probably find 5 that I liked.  Now, I am lucky if 1 out of 20 looks like a good deal to me.  So I wouldn't recommend jumping in, but I think it is safe to wade in carefully. Do your DD and look long-term and I think you will be OK in the long run.

Best wishes.

Craig 

Look for the long term. Many people that I talk to face to face always say, yeah I know it might go down for a little bit, but I am holding it until after I retire. That could be another 30 years away at this point. Right now there is too much up one day and down the next and it haves investors in a tivvy. My personal feeling that could help is by taxing the products that are coming in from others countries so that the companies that keep jobs at home have a better footing to make a stand in the market. I am getting tired of the up and down days and the market isn't going to stop with this mess until the financials cool off. This might be a while. I wish your advice would have come sooner for the caps page.

Late TheDude 

Dude- I finished my taxes today and I didn't even come back here with questions. Are they "cheap" yet? Not the taxes, but the stocks.
Wait a second. When are the company taxes due. End/beginning of May? I new I had something else to do this spring. 

Calender-year corps and s-corps were due on 03/15. Calender-year partnerships/LLCs are due tomorrow, 04/15... the big daddy o' them all! :-)

Unless you're talking about payroll taxes; then those are due for Q1 at the end of this month. Your deposit is due tomorrow, though.

Disclaimer: I am not a CPA and don't plan on giving tax advice here. Of course, these due dates are only generalities and you should double-check filing deadlines with your own accountant/tax preparer.