No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello, all:

This is my first post to this board, though I've been a lurker for awhile now.

So, I'm looking at the possibilities of becoming a Self-Employed Fool. Right now, I work in IT, doing programming, database work, web development, etc. in the D.C. area. I'm weighing the idea of becoming an independent contractor/consultant in the same field, or the idea of trying to break into something completely different.

Anyway, I have a beach vacation coming up and, in addition to my Travis McGee mystery novels, I'm looking for educational/inspirational reading material that might be helpful for making a decision.

So, are there any books that you've read that you wish you read before making the leap? Are there any other books that have been inspirational or invaluable in your decision to become self-employed?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

CayoConch
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.