No. of Recommendations: 21
Bear, I'm curious how you arrived at your decisions on which companies to add shares/allocation.

Ok, I'll try to answer your questions.

You sold OKTA because you say it's "expensive". TTM EV/Sales at about 24, TTM growth in the low 50s, and 83% GMs. It's also completely dominating its category. It's also been improving Operating Margin.

Actually OKTA revenue only grew 49% last quarter. With an EV/Sales of 24, it's relatively pricier than most of my others, which are growing revenue much faster (59% last quarter for AYX, 58% for ESTC, 62% for PINS, and even faster for TWLO, DDOG, and CRWD).

ESTC is growing faster (mid 60s) with 80% GMs and has a lower TTM EV/Sales at around 17 but profits are no where in sight....they sure are spending a lot.

Yes, they're growing a lot faster than OKTA and they're much cheaper by PS or EV/S.

DDOG has the highest TTM EV/Sales ratio of them all at around 37, 75% GMs and growth of 82%.

Pricier but growing 60% faster than OKTA! But this is my smallest and least confident position.

SMAR is growing in the high 50s (consistently for a year) with 81% GMs but profitability seems farther away.

I don't care so much about when a company is likely to become profitable. I care that they can get there. Smartsheet knows what they're doing. Growth has been very consistent at over 50%, and the PS ratio is currently below 20.

Let me know if that helps or if you have other questions about why I did what I did. The bolded statement above is probably the main answer to what I think you're asking. I'm not concerned with how far a company is from profitability as long as I see them getting there easily.

Bear
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.