Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I suppose that is why Trudeau needs two nannies...

tecmo
Print the post Back To Top
Yeah everyone knows that smart well educated women with careers should give them up to have kids .... Right!!!! </sarc>

Tim
No. of Recommendations: 1
Yeah everyone knows that smart well educated women with careers should give them up to have kids .... Right!!!!

Is his wife going to continue working (as a TV host?) - I suppose it is not that they think they need two nannies - but that they think the tax payer should be covering the cost that is the issue.

I suppose there is nothing that the Liberals (or Trudeau) can do that would cause you even make the slightest criticism...

tecmo
I suppose there is nothing that the Liberals (or Trudeau) can do that would cause you even make the slightest criticism...

tecmo

Both of my daughters had nannies for years, it allowed them to go off and do their jobs at the same time as husbands who often worked at home could get stuff done. You don't think it would be unseemly for his wife to run over and change a diaper in the middle of a function?

IIRC the nannies are making minimum wage and also clean and cook, sounds like a bargain to me?

Meanwhile this fellow forced highly paid civil servants to work on his campaign at a much higher government salary.

But of course you would not accept any criticism of him would you? I am so glad to see that international embarrassment gone but you knew that so we are wasting our time here.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/email-clinton-canadian-foreign-aff...
No. of Recommendations: 2
I think Sophie's influence / impact / contribution to Canada and the world is worth significantly more than the $15-20 per hour they are paying the nannies (they make less at night which surprised me). I found it VERY odd that the government is paying for it but I do find it is an acceptable expense. Apparently it is coming out of a budget used for household staff for the PM (didn't know this existed till today, but it doesn't surprise me). I don't think there is any argument they are household staff.

Let's find something worthwhile to argue about please.

Simon
No. of Recommendations: 3

So, is your issue the total level of compensation for the PM? Frankly, the PM doesn't earn much money for the role he plays,so I do not begrudge him the benefit of extended child care services. If it costs $100k per year, so be it. The total compensation including all salary and benefits is a pittance for the role the PM plays and the sacrifices that his family must make (and that's been true for every PM going back decades).

Does anyone on this forum personally know a mayor of a medium/major city, a leader of the opposition in a province or nationally, a cabinet minister in a province or nationally? The job for all of them is 14 to 16 hours per day. Most people in Canada would struggle to follow them for a day. Personally, I cannot imagine the PM's schedule and the endurance that it requires.

Whether you like junior Trudeau or not, his first month has been quite a whirl-wind. First he was appointed in early November. He was probably slammed with constant briefings for a week. He spent most of a day doing the November 11 ceremonies. He went to Turkey for the G20. He met with the PM in Great Britain and met the queen. He's struggled with the Syrian refugee file. He's issued an economic update. And now it'll be the Paris climate change meetings. Maybe he will do well, maybe he will flame out. But I am fully confident that Canadians are getting full value for money, even including his child care costs.

Give him a chance to show his stuff. After year or two, maybe we can arrive at a positive or negative conclusion, but his salary and benefits will be virtually irrelevant to that assessment.

SJ
Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

SJ

Concur, I get the whiff of a whiny bad loser looking for any little thing to complain about. Very unbecoming especially after all the years we put up with his guy's far more egregious stuff.

I'm not all that excited about a couple of Trudeau's ideas but he is already a vast improvement on openness.

I'm also thinking the gang of Senate "bagmen" Harper put in there will be around for awhile sucking huge sums off the taxpayer's purse.

OT - Speaking of Senate bagmen I heard last weekend from my daughter that the one we know has some sort of terminal heart problem.

Tim
No. of Recommendations: 1
They are running the country for a few short years, not for a life time.

They are responsible for millions of people, the environment, millions of businesses, the countries security...

They should be offered and afforded every legal and possible assistance to aid in helping them accomplish this one of a kind job.

It is petty to not allow them all the opportunities to help them to do the best they can considering their job for the next 4 years is 7/24 none stop.

It is not like they are simply running a big corporation where if the CEO messes up big time some other company buys it. Well I guess another country could send in their Army...and take over our country.

IKan