Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Not meaning to over simplify becoming a Christian. If you are not sure and the sincere desire of your heart is to follow Jesus, it can be as easy as praying:
Lord Jesus I need you, I come to you and trust you alone for forgiveness of my sin. I turn my life over to you and submit to the leadership of the Holy Spirit. Thank you for forgiving me of my sin and giving me eternal life with you in heaven. Make me the kind of person you want me to be. In Jesus Name Amen.

This sounds like work based salvation, I know many churches require (or strongly sugggest) this sort of prayer to those that come forward at their services seekign salvation. If you are going to urge someone to do something in order to be saved then why not follow the scriptures?
Acts 2:36 "Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."
37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"
38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation."
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

This is a promise for all whom the Lord will call.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.