No. of Recommendations: 1
Howdy folks! I haven't posted, nor lurked, here in quite a while and it's nice to see some familiar faces still hanging around. :-)

The Boss and I bought a house late last year and I'm thinking I'd like to have a Foolish Meet in the next month or so, weather depending...I say depending because I'd really rather wait until this Heat & Humidity leave. Dunno how some of y'all've been fairing, but it's kicking my butt.

We're halfway between Mechanicsville and Tappahannock. Mostly farming area, but a few houses spread out here and there. Sooo much quieter than Glen Allen. <g>

We have 5.65 ac, mostly wooded, with a spring running out from under the back of the property in several locations into a swamp that turns into a creek. It's a beautiful property, but it needs some work since it sat empty for a little over two years, and not much work was done on it before that even though it was occupied.

We had a family party the weekend before last, but it was too derned hot to stay outside for any length of time. My favorite spot is our balcony, but little time was spent out there then. :-(

If I say I'm gonna wait to have a party until we finish some of the current projects we're working on, then it's gonna be a few years before we have one. Danm the cobwebs and dust, it's gonna be a BBQ Party at our house soon. :-)

I know a coupla people who are already interested, but I'd prefer they come in and say themselves when would be a good time for them, etc.**

So, how many of y'all'd like to come over to our house for some Smoked Butts w/my homemade BBQ Sauce?*

Bill

*bring a dish

**The Boss'll be in NH late Aug/early Sept
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.