No. of Recommendations: 1
Been reading about 1929...."The Crash"...the following
depression. This ,I believe is the root of this 'fear'
we all have committing our hard earned dollars to the stewardship of others. We all think this system will collapse in ruin, now that "WE" have joined in. We ask
"Is this a bubble?" On Black Thursday in '29, it read,
"Stocks that sold at $100 at the open, closed at $2.00.
Geez...that happens every day now but that is the nature of the (our) beast and nobody runs screaming
in the streets. I remember in 1987...there was more
a sense of wonder about that pullback,than panic. It was dramatic
and impressive to those who only heard of '29 and never seen anything like it, but it was the greatest
proof of long term investing.
Be prudent but don't lose that fear..it keeps us healthy....and find out all you can about your money.
I can't believe the number of people at work who are
handing over their money to managers, whose first
question is, "How much do you want a month?" And,
they pay them upwards of 2% a year to plug their money
into the 'Strategies'...that the Home Office designs.
They say to me "I don't know anything about and I don't
want to worry about it, I just want a check every month.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.