No. of Recommendations: 147
Before I met my wife she was in credit trouble. We are both students and obviouly we got married. I have never defaulted on my credit payment nor any other debts. However my wife has not paid any of her credit card co for the past 5 years. Nothing really has happened but i am afraid of waht might hap[pen with the Bankruptcy reform.

I cant pay her debts she had before marriage and mine at the same time-i simply cant afford it and i am the onlyu one who is working.

Should I file a Chapter 7 on her behalf. Or if I just waited out will her creditors disappear and opt ofr a tax write off. Further I always thought assets could not be touched if you were married and debts that were acquired were befoire marriage.

Any suggestions?

Put her a$$ to work so she can help paying off the debt.

UKBB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.