Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Being a shareholder of both DSP and QCOM, I know that DSP pays royalties to QCOM. The fact that Intel has now decided to support CDMA is great news for QCOM, not bad as others seem to imply. I think that Intel would probably like to buy QCOM, if it could, but can't and decided to go for the next best thing.

Well that settles the licensing vs. different tech question. My real question is what does this do for Intel?? AS long as QCOM owns the IP they are golden. However, if QCOM decides not to license CDMA to DSP after the current agreement expires, then what does Intel really have. They are restricted, by patents, from making a similar chip to CDMA, so all that;s left is improvements based off QCOM IP.. Doesnt seem like a terribly winning solution for INTC.. good for QCOM however it goes..

Anyone got some different thoughts..

cheers,

jgc

disclaimer: long INTC, no QCOM yet.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.