Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
In a recent article on CC debt in America, it was stated that the Average American household CC balance is $6194. For months and years that seemed like a tiny little "alarming" number for some of us. Laughably alarming, if only I could have such an alarming balance.

As of August 2020, we are finally average.

Our alarming balance is now $5,999.00.

We are continuing to hammer away at one thing ThyPeace. Thanks for the cheerleading! We are barely starting to dreamplan for the next months and years once we rise out of average cc debt and are finally dead broke. I'm very anxious to be broke, but don't want impatience to lead to a costly misstep.

Things are starting to evolve on the employment front. My 9-5 is stable and pays the bills, but I'm weighing how to keep up the pace. Second job vs being available for overtime IF it becomes available? It's complex. "Average credit card debt problems!" Lol!

Keeping it brief. Back to work!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2

Congratulations on being average, ManyBills! Coming from where you were, this is indeed an accomplishment. Keep laser-focusing on that goal while you give yourself permission to think of new goals just a little. It's a hard transition to make for sure, but not a bad one!

ThyPeace, I should get pom poms. My real-life family and friends would laugh hysterically at that. (I am a very quiet nerd...)
No. of Recommendations: 2
As of August 2020, we are finally average.

Actually, I'd say that was 'below average'. Must not be Lake Woebegone.

Good job!

AJ