Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I recently discovered that I was eligible to enroll in my employer's 401(k) plan in January of this year. I had been confused because the employer match doesn't begin until I've been with the company for 1 year (November,200), but I could have joined the plan itself after only 3 months with the company.
Is there any way to contribute the difference in money between Jan, and Nov.?


Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
The only way to contribute to a 401k is through salary deduction. So, if you wish to try to catch up between now and the end of the year, you will have to ave a large percentage of your pay withheld. This will definitely impact your take home pay. I would just contribute as much as possible for the rest of this year and then in the new year lower your contributions to the level you wish, but make sure to try to take full advantage of the match.

Print the post Back To Top