Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

March 14 (Bloomberg) -- Brazilian stocks fell for the third time this week after banks were downgraded by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Cosan SA Industria e Comercio, the world largest sugar- cane processor, reported its first loss in two years.

Source:   BLOOMBERG

Brazil is a vibrant and completely energy independent economic powerhouse that has only just begun to awaken.  Latin America itself is also a great (and safer) derivative play on China and India growth.  Who in the world are these bozos to downgrade Brazil?  They are the same people who told us to sell gold back in November 2007 because the dollar is going to stablize.  I have a green thumb only policy on this account (I only rate stocks I actualy own) or else I would give GS a red thumb now.  In fact I can think of another kind of finger I'd like to give them.  

Prediction #1  Brazil (EWZ), RIO, and ITU will outperform S&P in 2008

GS will underperform S&P in 2008.  

Now for some fun.  

Gold is up 21% since Goldman Sachs sell article back in Nov 2007.  

GS stock shares are down 31% in the same time period. So they have lost their shareholders ONE-THIRD of their value in a few months.  Way to go guys!

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.