Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 26
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Really makes me feel good, I appreciate the support.

I think I'm going to play the Bellagio $1060 tourney today and then head back to the East Coast. Wish me luck.

I half payed for it with this hand:

Last night I went down around midnight to play in the 2/5 NL game here at the MGM. My first hand I play, about the third that I am dealt I look down and see AA. One limper, player on my right raises to 50, I reraise to 150, limper folds, initial raiser calls. This guy is still wearing his PP hat, otherwise I don't know anything about him.

Flop comes all raggedy and rainbow. He checks, I bet 200. So I sat down with 500, I've put 350 in the pot already on my first hand. Dude goes in the tank for literally 5 minutes.

In my day 1 report, I mentioned someone went in the tank for 5 minutes and someone asked if that really happens. I was probably exaggerating then, but it definitely happens. I have no problem with people taking their time at the WSOP with so much money at the line. But to do this in a 2/5 NL game is kind of a waste of everyone's time.

So the guy is hemming and hawing, and I'm doing a good job remaining cool just staring at the table while he's muttering "I just don't know how this guy plays." Then he shows me his QQ to try to get a reaction. He lays it face up to get a table reaction (I would think this makes his hand dead, but the dealer didn't do anything). Finally, after he shows me his hand, he calls, while he and I still have about 150 chips left.

Turn is a K. He checks to me. Hmm I wonder if I have the best hand. Poker is much less interesting when your opponent shows you his cards. I move in expecting him to fold. But again he calls. What a weirdo.

River is a brick and I double up. Weird stuff. He tells me "Nice hand."
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.