No. of Recommendations: 1
Ben,
If you are looking at RS-IBD or others to add to either the Killer or Killer Net then I would vote for the RS-IBD annual 3 or 5 stock portfolio and the Formula 90 quarterly 3 or the Formula 90 annual 3. Based upon the data that Sux2BeU provided on his backtesting these portfolios look attractive. Here is the data that I pulled out of Sux's database. Please note that I didn't address volatility of these portfolios.

RS-IBD Annual
3-Stock Portfolio: 44.8% CAGR
5-Stock Portfolio: 40.1% CAGR
It is worthwhile noting that these annual portfolios beat all other timing periods with the exception of the 1-Stock, monthly which as 43.3%. In my opinion, I like the annual rebalancing better as it is a lot less work and lower taxes, not to mention the reduction in trading costs.

Form-90 Annual
3-Stock Portfolio: 40.2% CAGR

Form-90 Quarterly
3-Stock Portfolio: 40.4% CAGR

As I mentioned, I also like the fact that they are either quarterly or annual rebalancing. My experience with monthly rebalancing of OVER-PEG in the Killer 2000 has not been worth the effort.

Ben,
What do you think?

Randy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.