Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
BeReal,
Yes that is certainly another way to look at the situation and of course it could play out as you described. But, when I was listening to the conference call and heard Geof Tate say that they were negotiating with others... Well, I just got a feeling that there was a lot more backing up what he was saying than we realize.

"The fact that industry standards can (after 9 years) become patented is really a scarely thing."

Ya know, I said something similar to a friend back in January when the lawsuit was filed. It just didn't seem right that someone could apply for a patent and when it was granted make others who knew nothing about the patent pay for it. Well he said that it's happened before. I think he even mentioned an example. One thing I can say about this situation is that Rambus is being quite fair about SDRAM royalties. Less than 1% and only beginning this past April.
bj
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.