Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Has anyone heard any news on the Texas grid proposal? Last I read the Texas power producers were trying to block Berkshire’s proposal because THEY wanted to bid on the reserve power idea. IMO I don’t trust the local power producers to get anything done. They have already screwed things up, along with ERCOT.

I say all this as I’m being asked not to use my dishwater, clothes dryer, and to turn off my pool pump and raise my thermostat to 80 degrees or whatever.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
"I say all this as I’m being asked not to use my dishwater, clothes dryer, and to turn off my pool pump and raise my thermostat to 80 degrees or whatever."

Time to relocate?
No. of Recommendations: 3
We think about relocating at times, but it’s easier said than done with aging parents still here, kids in college, rental properties, etc.

Here’s our governor’s grid fix proposal. 🤦???

https://twitter.com/shaunhashim/status/1405525080675819527?s...
No. of Recommendations: 0
I say all this as I’m being asked not to use my dishwater, clothes dryer, and to turn off my pool pump and raise my thermostat to 80 degrees or whatever.

Texans are rookies here, CA does this on the weekly, plus here in SD we pay $.52 - .61 kwh peak, you still have a lot more room to fail!
No. of Recommendations: 8
Gov. Abbot has it under control. His solution is to build a wall.
No. of Recommendations: 21
Gov Abbott is proposing to build the wall with voluntary donations.

I am all for it and will donate if the wall were to be built between Texas and USA.
No. of Recommendations: 12
Gov Abbott is proposing to build the wall with voluntary donations.
I am all for it and will donate if the wall were to be built between Texas and USA.

You're not thinking big enough.

"Building a border wall between Canada and the United States, "is a legitimate issue for us to look at," said Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker in an interview."
https://www.ourwindsor.ca/news-story/5822625-how-much-would-...

He seems to be largely alone in that notion.
Except perhaps for some unknown number of Canadians : )

Jim

Good one! My guess is you could get a lot of donations from people who live in the USA but outside of Texas for that wall, too.

R:
No. of Recommendations: 40
I am embarrassed for the state of Texas. They turned down an offer from Berkshire that actually would have likely fixed the problem, because BHE actually knows what they are doing, unlike the politicos that have lost the use of their rational brains. It's a sad state of affairs. And I've been a Texan for over 50 years. There are too many self-serving politicians that are not doing their job for their constituents, and too many idiots that keep electing them.

When did this happen? I had a conservative upbringing, but today's version is just a disaster. Get educated, people. Maybe I need to run for office.
No. of Recommendations: 36
I am embarrassed for the state of Texas. They turned down an offer from Berkshire that actually would have likely fixed the problem, because BHE actually knows what they are doing, unlike the politicos that have lost the use of their rational brains. It's a sad state of affairs. And I've been a Texan for over 50 years. There are too many self-serving politicians that are not doing their job for their constituents, and too many idiots that keep electing them.

When did this happen? I had a conservative upbringing, but today's version is just a disaster. Get educated, people. Maybe I need to run for office.

Doc,

Your comments mirror my thoughts exactly. I first moved to Texas in 1960 and except for 2 year each assignments in NYC and New Orleans have lived here every since. I voted Republican for over 50 years but that changed when it became a Far Right party that has lost its moral compass and moral values. And seeks to impose its will on others by fair means or foul.

Like you, I'm embarrassed by the actions of the state's government. And it's representatives in Washington DC.

And don't care for the Far Left actions either. I remain conservative at heart - but resent the government imposing beliefs on citizens lives. Keep church and state separate.

Lost in the middle - I think a lot of us are.
They turned down an offer from Berkshire

I assume there are reasons for that. Separately, I don't think the GOP board members forgot that WEB supported Hillary.