No. of Recommendations: 1
Hyphothetically, if one was forbidden to invest in the big Q, what other wireless stock would you buy tomorrow? Many will profit off the surge in wireless, but what one company stands to benefit the most other than our fav?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
My suggestions would be NOK, RFMD, and ARMHY.
No. of Recommendations: 0
"My suggestions would be NOK, RFMD, and ARMHY."

A tiny company in the RFMD space is an interesting speculation. Symbol is MLIN. they claim to have superior to have superior product ( i.e. faster ) at lower price.

L

No. of Recommendations: 1
UTSI

not a typical paradigm company with seemingly low switching costs. but addressable growth is huge. they provide low cost "personal access systems" (PAS) (or whatever that acronym stands for), in developing areas with low fixed line access. people buy inexpensive wireless handsets that just work in one fixed area, like their home city. chinese telecoms are their biggest customers. UTSI is making inroads in India and latin america too.

best,
--morgan (earnings come out 4/27)
No. of Recommendations: 3
The last time I bought RFMD was Feb 2001 and I'm glad to say I took profits in May and June following because it has been mostly down hill after that. The one thing that really bothers me about them is that they refuse to reply to their stock holder's e-mails. If they don't have the courtesy of replying to my e-mails I don't see why I should show them the courtesy of buying their shares. Does that make sense?

I wrote to them asking what sort of threat Cree's Ultra RF and SiC posed to them. The Gilder Group thinks that SiC is much better semiconductor for RF amplifiers than GaAs is, RFMD's baby.

Back in 1999 they were fabless and I believe it was IBM who made their chips for them. They are building fabs but I don't really want to invest in the fab business. I did want to invest in their IP which Qualcomm considered top notch having dropped Conexant in their favor. I think the fabs are a big mistake.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=RFMD&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Denny Schlesinger
Caracas - Venezuela
denny@softwaretimes.com

No. of Recommendations: 0