Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Alright, who makes the best hamburgers?

Steak 'n' Shake used to have large ones. Maybe they have changed. They were nearly the size of a plate as I recall.

White Castle did their dollar size things.

Can anyone say anything good about McDonalds food? (Ever since they changed their french fries, is it worth a visit?)

Its pretty hard to beat a Wendy's double cheeseburger in my book. Burger King's whopper is not bad though.
Print the post Back To Top
If you're talking about cheap, fast-food burgers, I'll have to go with the Jumbo Jack. Too bad Jack in the Box isn't everywhere.

hoffa
Wendy's for drive through, The Convention Grill for sit-down. Plus they make their own buns and the fries rock. Free onions!

mmmmmslobbercowflesh...
cmonkey, where is Convention Grill located?
Nope. Definitely the Sour Dough Jack.
Whataburger.

It's bigger and fresher.
Or better yet, The "Hot Rod" served at Peggy Sue's just down Santa Clara street from the San Jose Arena.
(That's burger on a bun with hot cheeze, bacon, lettuce, onions and tomatoes...followed by the condement bar with mayo, katsup, Bar-B-Q sause, sliced hot peppers, etc.)

Make that with REAL ONION RINGS and a 32 oz. Red Sail Ale.
Fuddrucker's

If only they were still around. *sigh*

-Jigen
Fuddrucker's

If only they were still around. *sigh*

Move down to Houston and enjoy them all you want. They are great. I withdraw my previous vote for Whataburger (still the best for inexpensive fast food hamburger).
Central Florida has them all Fuddruckers -Steak and Shake all the big chains etc etc. would guess at least a thousand places to try burger. The mouse house and I'm sure you all know where that is - gets I believe twelve bucks rpt twelve for a burger (not very good) and a coke. Our local paper runs abt once year a best burger contest.This year's winner:
THE FILLIN STATION (YES FILLIN) This is the kind of place where you cover your kids ears, lock your car, put on the alarm, hide your dog and your wallet and then look four ways before entering. The burger completely made from scratch is A-1 excellent. If you are ever in the area it is on E. Michigan just south of downtown Orlando. Please don't tell them I sent you. You never know. If you're a pool shark, you'll do great.(if you survive)

ron
We also have Fuddrucker's here in Northern VA. Also we had a Fuddruckers in Killeen TX. They're good. But the best burger around this area is at Mike's American Grill in Springfield VA.

Vicki
My favorite fast food burger is from In and Out Burger in Southern California.

Vicki

Blast the Spaminator.
In Tokyo, the best burgers are at:
1) Kua'aina in Omotesando, Tokyo is PHENOMENAL! The original is in Hawaii, and the Tokyo folks seem to have transpanted the taste just fine.

2) Junk Ball in Gaienmae, Tokyo. They make a thick, juicy burger, and make their own homemade bacon for an optional topping. OK, eating it regularly wouldn't be such a good idea, but MAN, for a taste o' home....

Back home, it'd be hard to vote against The Grill, an institution at the University of Georgia for the last 50 years or so. Great burgers, and oooooh...the sauteed onions and peppers....

If I want an atrociously junky shake, a Dairy Queen oreo ice cream Blizzard will do just fine, thanky :-)

Wilkun
In the Lansing area (Michigan State), go to Harrison's Roadhouse for a wonderful burger. Nice and thick and juicy. YUM!
Kristi
Snuffer's in dallas, they actually ask how you want it cooked and will cook it rare!

and for fast food, Burger Street makes a mighty tasty burger
I must say I am surprised by all that is missing from the list. I think hamburgers are about as American as you can get. You can get them in almost every restaurant. So its surprising that so many have not made the list. Hard Rock cafe? Planet Hollywood? Dennys? Perkins? Shoneys?

Does this mean most places do hamburgers badly?

Does this mean that Fools have sworn off cholesterol and fried foods?

What gives?
Does this mean most places do hamburgers badly?

Does this mean that Fools have sworn off cholesterol and fried foods?
No, but the small local places do burgers better, IMNSHO. Then again, I love finding "dives" to eat at, they seem to have the best food of all.
Kristi
Hey - hey Ms. mg -

I agree with you 100% - Long live the holes in the wall and the dives. It really hurts every time a dive closes up and a new sexless fast fooder opens.

By the way many tks for "Mr. Cranky".  Best thing since
sliced bread (well sort of)

rk ron
Here in NYC I find that even when a place makes a really good hamburger, they either can't or won't serve it the way I like it -- rare. Sometimes I think it's because they're too busy and other times, I wonder if the meat has been frozen and that it why the burger may be juicy but not that great still a little red color inside.

I sometimes tell the server that if it's not rare, I will send it back. Then it usually comes more raw than rare! But as long as it's cooked on the outside, I will eat it.

Of course, whenever there's a scare about certain diseases from uncooked beef, I stop eating burgers rather than eat them well done.

Christina
Here in NYC I find that even when a place makes a really good hamburger, they either can't or won't serve it the way I like it -- rare.

Me, too. Chili's used to be the place that would reliably serve a really good rare hamburger, but they've changed their policy and now serve hamburgers only medium or worse. I think they're afraid of getting sued. So now my house is the only place I ever get rare burgers.
Here in Florida I've gotten the same run a around. Also from Chilis. Always the same story about health regulations etc.  In Florida, I believe it's the same in NY and Texas, tell them to check the current law.
There is no law or regulation prohibiting the sale of 
rare burgers.  If you are told that, it is so much "bull" (the story not the burger). By the way I used to get a good burger in Houston in a place whose name was sort of an obscene take off of Fuddruckers. (I won't even try to remember it.)
My best hamburger?

At Ventana on the Big Sur Coast. Not only is it a big, beautiful burger covered with blue cheese, but you get to eat it on the Big Sur Coastline. Lovely hills and ocean. The burger is great, but the setting also has something to do with it.

Valerie
cmonkey, where is Convention Grill located?

It's in Edina, Mn, on like 44th and France. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Ooh! I forgot Murder Burger in Davis, CA. I don't know if it's still there anymore, but they had some tasty meaty treats. And great shakes, too.
No. of Recommendations: 1
It's in Edina, Mn, on like 44th and France

Oooooo, I'm FROM there. Well, New Hope actually. Must be getting cold about now. That's why I moved to CA. 79 degrees, today, I think.

John
not missing mosquitos or snow
John bragged about the weather:

Oooooo, I'm FROM there. Well, New Hope actually. Must be getting cold about now. That's why I moved to CA. 79 degrees, today, I think.

Yeah well... yeah!

Actually, I'm *from* California (Sacramento, which really is in CA, not like LA which we could just give back to Mexico if we really wanted to <stirstirstir>)
and I have to say I really like the weather here. I have *never* appreciated spring like I do here. You really get the feeling that it's a gift after you've been wading through knee-deep snow for five months -- or longer.

So does that mean you've been to the Grill? It so rocks! All the waitresses wear these little white uniforms, like nurses. AND you get crayons and coloring books if you want to draw while you wait. And they have a fabulous jukebox.

And did I mention they make their own hot fudge? It's godlike.
How about Little Tavern. Those "death on a bun" burgers were a god-send late late late at night when everyone else was closed.

BTW the divine intervention was usually not timely enough.
So does that mean you've been to the Grill?

I think I probably left before it was a twinkling in someone's mind. Let's see...yes, burgers were invented then. I remember MacD's had opened...and then Burger King...oh yes...and shortly after that ...I left. Rarely to return. I do miss the color changes in the fall...the meadow larks singing in the way early morning, and walking at 2am in the warm spring/summer rain....but that's about it.

John
thanks for the memories
cmonkey sez: <All the waitresses wear these little white uniforms, like nurses. AND
you get crayons and coloring books if you want to draw while you wait.>

cmonkey, are you sure this place isn't called Hooters?

They do pretty well, but I'm not sure many notice the hamburgers. (Dare I -- only the buns)
cmonkey, are you sure this place isn't called Hooters?

They do pretty well, but I'm not sure many notice the hamburgers. (Dare I -- only the buns)

I said they *make* their own buns, not display 'em. Sheesh. And the uniforms are very matronly. That's what's so cute. All these teenagers wearing Nurse Ratchett dresses. I love it!
No. of Recommendations: 1
For a truly strange dining experience you could try Ed DeBevick's (SP?) in Chicago. Decorated with the worst of pop culture from the fifties through the seventies. The burgers are decent, the staff's a hoot, and the shakes are great. It's right across the street from Chicago's Planet Hollywood and there was a much longer line out the door for Ed's. They also have "The World's Smallest Sundae". It's about a tablespoon of ice cream in the tiniest sundae glass you've ever seen, which, after you've had burgers, shakes and cheese fries, is about all you can handle for dessert. Their slogan is "Eat and Get Out!" This place has to be seen to be believed.

-Jigen
Hut's Haumburgers in Austin gets my vote. They've been serving them up a lot of years, and you can get them just about anyway you want them. Old 50's decor, but not too over the top to be obnoxious. Good shakes and rings, too. As far as chains go, I've always liked the hamburgers at Houston's, although they tend to be expensive (actually, when I am at Houston's I usually do get a hamburger since everything else is even more overpriced).

Ken (Lynch-I'm-Not)
I checked Florida regulations as to food temperature.
Found the following. Restaurants must cook all food at least 165 degrees f. Exceptions  seaood 145 f. Steak and hamburgers at the request of customer. It is my belief that NY has same or similar regulation.  If any restaurant tells you the law states they cannot serve rare hamburgers, they just don't know what they are talking about. Go get 'em nice and juicy.
Reinaldok:

Thanks - "on the hoof" it is.

Christina
Reinaldok:

Uh, could you please word wrap? Thanks.

Raggmopp

Hey, since someone brought up burgers in Austin, my resinated memory has been stirred and...

is GM's still in business (Guadalupe near the bottom of the hill)? I seem to recall their burgers were very good, the unlimited fries were totally OUT OF THIS WORLD (!), and the attitude... not even Ed Debevic's can put a candle to the rudeness the GM's employees were expected to display.

ah, memories!
hoffa
Ooh! I forgot Murder Burger in Davis, CA. I don't know if it's still there anymore, but they had some tasty meaty treats. And great shakes, too.

Yup! They're still here! Great cardiotoxic burgers! Please, Doc, can I just have one per month?

OleDoc
Reinaldo:

My screen is only about 12 inches wide. Your messages are about 4 feet wide - sometimes even wider!!!

What kind of weird formatting are you using?

Please... Puh-leeze! CHANGE IT back to normal formatting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OleDoc
Murder Burger in Davis, CA.

OK, cmonkey, since you mentioned the Murder Burgers...

How about the Grad Burgers at the The Graduate in Davis... Hunh? Hunh? They're like at least 3/4 lb meat between a custom baked bread-thingie that doesn't resemble any other bread-thingie that I know of. And they MUST add Xtra fat so that it oozes all over the HUGE basket of fries as you try to eat it...

OleDoc
Actually, I'm *from* California (Sacramento, which really is in CA, not like LA which we could just give back to Mexico if we really wanted to <stirstirstir>)

The name of "La Ciudad de Nuestra Senora de Los Angeles" has recently been shortened to "Cim Ciudad 2000"...

Governor Gray Davis (what kind of a Freakin' name is that!) has been trying to give it back to Mexico. I think everything south of the Tehachapi's (spelling?) should be given back to Mexico. It would save a lot of money on the border problem. The US could set up a DMZ in the Tehachapi's - Checkpoint Carlito - to prevent any more than those necessary to harvest the crops in the San Fernando and Sacramento Valleys from entering the US.

OleDoc

PS: Davis is only Gray during December and January!
OleDoc sez: <sometimes even wider!!!

What kind of weird formatting are you using?

Please... Puh-leeze! CHANGE IT back to normal formatting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

Golly, gee, OleDoc, I think your ration of exclamation points could be depleted--maybe for life. Especially on this board.
hoffa - there's a GM Steakhouse down on Lamar just north of the river - a diner that only serves breakfast and lunch. Mybe this is the place ??? I don't know of a GM on Guadalupe. Memories - huh? Are you a longhorn? You probably would remember Crown and Anchor, they also have excellent burgers. And Scholz Bier Garten. They of course have excellent beer (hey - there's an idea for a new topic!)

Ken (Lynch-I'm-Not)
someone brought up burgers in Austin

Try the Waterloo Brewing Co. And don't forget a pint of O'Henry Porter!

John
How about the Grad Burgers at the The Graduate in Davis... Hunh? Hunh? They're like at least 3/4 lb meat between a custom baked bread-thingie that doesn't resemble any other bread-thingie that I know of. And they MUST add Xtra fat so that it oozes all over the HUGE basket of fries as you try to eat it...

Is that the place that makes burgers that are literally the size of dinner plates? I can't remember the name, but they were just god awful huge and tasty and messy and oohhhhmmmmmm meeeeaaaaattt.....
Ken -

I'm not a longhorn, but I was an owl back when we were both in the SWC. And I've always held that the best part of living in Houston (while keeping a straight face) is that fact that Austin is a reasonably short drive. I still try to get down to Austin at least once a year

I'm sure that will draw the wrath and ire of a few long-term H-towners.

I agree, though, Crown and Anchor has good... everything, at least as far as I can tell.

As for the brew thread, in honor of my great love of Texas and the bay area, may I nominate:

Shiner Bock, and
Anchor Steam, respectively?

hoffa
I would have to say in the Northern Virginia Area the Best hamburgers come from Five Guys. THey make great Hamburgers and after cheese and bacon all the topings are free. They also let you know where their fresh cut fries are from. One is just up the street from Fool HQ on Fayette St. in Old Town Alexandria. Check them out. I do like Fuddruckers as well.
For OleDoc:

Thank you very much for your observations. I have not changed anything. Please advise me if the problem persists. I received the same information from another
source.

Reinaldo K (ron)
Mr. Raggmopp:

Thanks for advising me of the "wrap" situation.
I apologize for any inconvenience this might have
caused. I trust this has been straightened out.

Reinaldok (ron)
Is that the place that makes burgers that are literally the size of dinner plates?

Must be! I've never been to any place that served such humongous hamburgers! Needless to say, I haven't had one in a few years - it would exceed my monthly allotment for red meat! Don't know about now, but they used to be about 6 to 8 inches in diameter.

OleDoc
Thank you very much for your observations. I have not changed anything. Please advise me if the problem persists. I received the same information from another
source

Thanks, Reinaldo. Much better!

BTW, did you try the chicken pasta with mango & kiwi salsa? I just made it again tonight but added in more peppers to the salsa - some red and yellow bell pepper for some more color. Very nice pasta dish.

Will update the recipe in the future as it evolves, but this one is a winner! I'm thinking about adding some banana and pineapple to the fruit salsa...

OleDoc
"Does this mean most places do hamburgers badly?"

YES!!! Over-cooked, dried out, tasteless.

Ray

This thread was getting a little frayed, but a short article in today's C.S. Monitor will help to revive it.

WHEN THE PRESIDENT PICKED A PATCH OF PICKLE PROBLEMS

One thing about President Clinton, he knows his math. But does he know his grammar?

On a recent trip to Arkansas farm country. Mr. Clinton
innocently set himself up for his own "news quiz" -
this one about arithmetic. Speaking befre a farming crowd, he mentioned how a group that buys supplies for
Burger King had committed to purchasing 200 acres worth of cucumbers in the Mississippi Delta.

"I don't know how many pickle slices that is, but it's 3.2 milion pounds of cucumbers. That's a los of pickles!" the president said.

This gave "CBS NEWS" reporter Mark Knoler a bright idea, and he wrote down this question for the president.

"Mr. President- inspired by your pickle story we propose the following SAT question: If ther are three cucumbers in a pound, and Burger King buys 3.2 million pounds of pickles, and you can cut 20 slices of pickle from every cucumber, how many pickle slices will you get? Show our work.
Signed Mark Knoller
Quizmaster
PS. Name the leader of Chechnya."

On the way back home, Clinton visited the traveling press aboard Air Force One, with Mr. knoller's note in hand. Asked how long he took to finish the problem Clinton answered "about 30 seconds," adding that he didn't use a calculaor because he's "techniologcally
challenged."

The note contained the president's scribblings:
"Mark" - 3 cukes x 3.2 m lbs = 9.6 m cukes
9.6 m x 20 slices = 192 million sices of cukes

I checked the calculation with the Chechnyan leader Asian Maskhadov and he agrees.
Bill Clinton 11/5/99."

Touche. But did the president check with the White House speechwriter? The correct way to refer to a leader from Chechnya is as a Chechen, not Chechnyan.
(signed Francine Kiefer)

(Note to Karen - If I have offended that great state
east of New Mexico and it's people, please accept my apologies. Ron)
To all my cheese/hamburger loving friends:
I had almost forgotten about the Best Hamburger thread.
Anyway, I spent most of last evening on the sidelines of a real and I mean real cat fight that was taking place at another board - 33 posts yesterday - just about all in the same belligerent tone. I finally got away and did some honest to goodness SURFING. The waves were just right and I truly had a good time. Why I mention this is for the simple reason that I ran across a site (actually 2) which should be of great interest to all our cheeseburger and hamburger aficionados. It's called Cheeseburger in Paradise and lists just about every place in the 50 states that is in the cheese/hamburger business - many with comments.
http://www.fdu.com/cburger.htm
One of their links was http://Alachua.com/conestoga/
This place serves a triple decker burger. Three patties each 16 ounces - total 48 ounces. The owner started this cardiac special after he heard that a place in Oregon makes a one patty 18 ounce burger. Check out these sites. They really are a lot of fun.

Ron
Link mention in previous message should be:

http://alachua.com/conestogas/

I let off the final S

sri
One of their links was http://Alachua.com/conestoga/
This place serves a triple decker burger.

OH MY God! That is my hometown! When I lived there this place was an empty building. We used to drive 17 miles into Gainesville just to go to McDonalds. (Ok and to cruise the frat houses).

I can't believe you found this link.

Always ;-)
Hunzi
TMF Hunzi - Did I hear you say MICANOPY ?
NO. OH I am sorry. You mean Ah Latch a way.
I better leave this well enough alone. I have three
yes (3) gators in the house and you never can tell with them. Don't forget the S at the end of Canestoga.

BTW, I asked several people today - all from the Gainesville area what they thought about the place.
None of them had ever heard of it. Bi

Ron
Ron,

You know I have to love a guy who can say Micanopy <God knows, no one who lives there can spell it>.

I've actually eaten in this restaurant, but it was a pizza place at the time, when I was in college. I'll have to put it on my list if I ever get down there. My one of my best friends lives about 2 blocks away.

Always ;-)
Hunzi
<Just a girl from Ah latch a way>
Hamburgers - MICANOPY and the rest of the story:
I am sure you know the tale of a to be well known resident of Micanopy. The would be - could be - could have been - would have been Hollywood numero uno -
brother of Rain Joan of Arc - Leaf Rafael - Liberty Butterfly and Summer Joy - Son of John Bottom Amram and Arlyn Dunitz Jochebed - family name changed officially to symbolize rebirth from the ashes to
PHOENIX, Yes River Phoenix and family lived in a small house, (shack) located in the not very elegant suburbs of Micanopy. This is a true old fashioned movie story.
The kind they don't make anymore. Someone (maybe me) should put it all on paper. Parents - migrant fruit pickers - Independent Christian missionaries - transient odd job workers. I heard stories of this family about 20 years ago during my extended stay (half a lifetme) in Venezuela where they lived for several years. They had a dreadful time just attempting to survive. Protestant missionaries in a 99% Catholic country are not particularly popular.
Back to Hamburgers. Have you tried the Entertainer Bar in Gretna, Nebraska. Judy's cheesburgers are 2.75 fries 80 cents. I just wonder if they will deliver here to the land of mice and ducks.
Just to keep the other good Recipe/Cookers from wondering what's going on, here's a good CRACKER recipe:

Carl's Cracklin' Corn Bread - (Carl
Allen's Historical Cafe in Auburndale, Florida recently
closed the doors forever. Progress.
1 1/2 cups white or yellow self-rising corn meal
1/2 cup self-rising white flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 tsps sugar
2 eggs
2 tbs bacon grease
1/2 cup cracklings (if you don't know what they are ask George Bush)
1 cup buttermilk or more

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together except the buttermilk. Add enough buttermilk to form a pouring consistency, like cake batter. Pour into a hot, greased iron skillet or baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until done,
Serves: 4-6

Hasta luego:

Ron
Ron,

Yum thanks! I knew about River Phoenix, don't forget Tom Petty is also from the area (just down 441 from my house). ;-)

Can't say I've spent much time in Gretna, but if I get over to there, I'll know where to grab a burger now. ;-)

Always ;-)
Hunzi
Yes this thread still not broken:

Found something today in the super

NEW (at least for me) Vlasic Hamburger Stackers

BIG PICKLE BIG CRUNCH

These are hamburger size dill pickles.
"Now get Big Pickle taste and crunch in every bite"
"Vlasic Hamburger Stackers are specially grown and flavored to perfectly complement your burgers"

They must use huge cucumbers. Stackers are about three
inches across!

Ron
NEW (at least for me) Vlasic Hamburger Stackers
==========================================

Yeah, I tried those too. Had all the crunch of facial tissue. Much better is the Sandwich Stackers, I think the Hamburger Stackers come from Mars where right now the Martians are conducting horrible experiments on the captured Polar Lander.

Raggmopp

Just tried 'em. Hate to admit it but you are RIGHT.
Should've made then frozen. Would've been better ?

Ron
Claussen makes pickles sliced for hamburgers.
They are huge, crunchy and pretty darn good.

Klash
Ron, Klash
I think there is something goofy about cukes big enough to make hamburger stackers [the Mars thing?]. Anyhow Vlasic pickles are usually my preferrence to Clausen and Vlasic makes a jim dandy Sandwich Stacker so I just use them. I find their flexibility [as to use, not consistancy] just what I'm looking for in a pickle product.

Raggmopp
I think there is something goofy about cukes big enough to make hamburger stackers

The pickles, while large, are not huge. They are sliced at an extreme angle, making the slices just the right size for a burger.

Klash
I think the Hamburger Stackers come from Mars where right now the Martians are conducting horrible experiments on the captured Polar Lander.

I thought the Martians shot it down. That's what my husband told me, anyway.
I thought the Martians shot it down. That's what my husband told me, anyway.
========================================

Well, maybe they did. But rumor has it that they dragged it into their lab and are questioning it to find out where it came from. In about 6 months we're gonna be in big BIG trouble. Now as far as Sandwich Pickles goes either Claussen or Vlasic makes acceptable sandwich stackers [what I thought were Vlasic were actually Claussen upon checking the 'fridge]. Why fool with those inferior alien monsters that have no crunch? Ooooo OM baloney, swiss cheese, stackers and mayo, a side of Ripple Cut Utz or Lays and away you go. *drool*

Raggmopp

Actually the aliens ate it.

When I can get the cucumbers from the garden or a farmer's market I make my own pickles. It don't work with the cucumbers that are in the supermarket, however, because the skin has been waxed or oiled (gives a deep green color and a shine). I got this out of an herb seed catalog about 1972;

COLD WATER PICKLES

Make brine by mixing 8 cups water, 2 cups cider vinegar and a scant 2/3 cup of kosher salt.
Wash and dry the cucumbers (don't soak in water), slice and pack in quart jars with 1-3 teaspoons pickling spice, 2-6 sprigs dill (use 1/2-2 teaspoons of dill seed if you can't get dill), 1-6 cloves of sliced garlic and a chunk of alum (to keep it crisp) about ½ the size of a pea per jar.
Cover with brine to about an inch of the top, screw on covers and allow to stand at "room temperature" for 2-6 days. About twice a day I shake the jars, open them (over the sink) to allow pressure to escape and invert them (I let them stand upside down for 12 hours and "right side up" for 12 hours a day).
Depending upon the temperature (2-3 days at 90 degrees, 5-6 days at 60 degrees) store in refrigerator. They can be eaten as soon as you like but are best after about 2 weeks. Will be good for about a year but tend to loose their crunch after 6 months.

C.J.V.
"I think the Hamburger Stackers come from Mars where right now the Martians are conducting horrible experiments on the captured Polar Lander."

I wonder how these terrible rumors get started. The Polar Lander was NOT captured. Actually, in point of fact, the indestructible Polar Lander self-destructed at impact, when it saw the horrible fate awaiting it from those voracious Martians. I understand that the Martian leader, MMop-Rrag, actually broke down and wept openly and copiously in disappointment when he realized that he was going to be unable to serve Lunar Lander bits (with WD-40 sauce) for lunch.

Ray

Not to worry. I have on good authority that the Lander has a little tag on the underside that reads, "Made on Neptune."
I understand that the Martian leader, MMop-Rrag, actually broke down and wept openly
and copiously in disappointment when he realized that he was going to be unable to serve Lunar Lander bits (with
WD-40 sauce) for lunch.

Ray=
========
Lander bits with WD40 Sauce!
========
I like, LOL

Norm
It's my understanding that the Martians, weary with being pelted with stray bits of debris from space, vaporized the Polar Lander as it came in for a landing.
...unable to serve Lunar Lander bits (with
WD-40 sauce) for lunch.

Ummmmmm. WD-40 sauce. ~(_8(|)
"Ummmmmm. WD-40 sauce. ~(_8(|)"

Yep, MoppGarr's Martian equivalent (and closest approximation) to Miracle Whip (they don't have miracles on Mars, cause they're unlawful).

Ray

P.S. But some say that the WD-40's taste is actually superior.