Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
My husband is aquiring a trailer load of stuff. He isn't actually dumpster diving it, but it is stuff that is sitting outside, with what he doesn't want just being thrown away.

My question is this. If you have sold the stuff you've dived for, did you get better prices on E-Bay or did you do better in a local paper ad?

There is some pretty neat stuff. It's alot of architectural and decorative stuff from a restaurant. There are also some castiron table bases. Some just need new tile on the tile tabletops, the frame is still there.

Also, he was given some kitchen cabinets and appliances. We sold the appliances. I am in the process of making a china cabinet out of 2 sets of the upper cabinets, some feet that I got for $2 at a garage sale, some scrap cultured marble that is being taken out of our shower (shower being replaced) and other scraps from projects we've done. I'm going to be using the jigsaw this week and am really excited about it. Has anyone else made any really neat things from their dived treasures?

Stockbuyer2
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.