Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone know of a resource that will give me budget or off-season locations for a specific month?

I know I have some time off next March, but I don't know where I want to go. I'm trying to come up with a list of possible travel locations, preferably locations that are off-season or traditionally "bargain months".

Any ideas are appreciated!
Print the post Back To Top
March might still be a little too early, but Yellowstone is not a place to go in the summer. Too crowded. Lots of national parks are like this.
Europe before the summer tourists pounce is always nice!

Charlie
Europe before the summer tourists pounce is always nice!

And cheaper.

A woman in my office went to Paris last March (she usually goes in November) and had a wonderful time, weather perfect, flowers all in bloom. It doesn't get dark until 9 or 10 at that time as Paris is pretty far north. Anyway, it's an idea, but I'd be prepared for any kind of weather.
No. of Recommendations: 4
>>>It doesn't get dark until 9 or 10 at that time as Paris is pretty far north. >>>

This table suggests otherwise, much earlier.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=195&obj=sun&month=3&year=2004&day=1

Ivan
>>>It doesn't get dark until 9 or 10 at that time as Paris is pretty far north. >>>

This table suggests otherwise, much earlier.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=195&obj=sun&month=3&year=2004&day=1

Ivan

Sorry. I can't imagine why Linda would "fib" about it, but I'll ask next time I see her.
No. of Recommendations: 2
there is a diff. btwn "getting dark" and "sunset"

thx for the cool link, ivan. RDG.
No. of Recommendations: 2
It doesn't get dark until 9 or 10 at that time as Paris is pretty far north.

The farther north a place is, the earlier it gets darker in winter months. It is the southern hemisphere that stays light longer in the winter.