Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 12
O'Rourke's entry would give Democrats a high-profile candidate with a national fundraising network to challenge Republican Gov. Greg Abbott....

...A new poll for the Dallas Morning News shows that O'Rourke has narrowed the gap with Abbott in a hypothetical matchup [to 5-pts down,] 37-42. In July, O'Rourke faced a 12-point deficit, 33-45.

Over the summer, Abbot has seen his approval rating sink to 41%, with 50% disapproving, in a separate poll.

https://www.axios.com/scoop-beto-plans-texas-comeback-govern...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I think this is a good idea!

Ken
No. of Recommendations: 2
Me, too, but I'd prefer him in the Senate in place of Ted "Cancun" Cruz--or still in the House.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Dems will be represented in the race by Beto (for Gov.) and Collier (for LtGov.) I think there's a *chance* one will be elected, but if that occurs look for a massive "fraudit" effort which will focus on the major centers of (Democratic) population.

Look for Dems to focus on: deadly failure to address problems with the grid; mishandling of COVID; voter rights; corruption (corporations buying favor via donations to GQP); putting power back into the hands of cities; typical stuff (taxes, schools, roads,...)

Look for GQP to focus on: "defending" Texas from DC; "protecting" the border; business friendly environment (see "corruption" above); "protecting" elections.
Well I guess, eternal candidate is better than eternal college student.
Maybe Wendy Davis can run. Newspapers!
Beeto is a republican. But my son’s looked at him. One, a communist, just shook his head and vowed never to return to Texas. The other, an independent, just laughed, and moved to South Dakota which compared to Texas is run by leftists.

Cheers
Qazulight
No. of Recommendations: 4
Beeto is a republican.

Maybe -- don't know who "Beeto" is -- but Beto is definitely a Democrat as demonstrated by past actions.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Beeto is a republican.

Maybe -- don't know who "Beeto" is -- but Beto is definitely a Democrat as demonstrated by past actions.

I looked at his wiki page. Seems pretty liberal. Still when he ran for Senate we looked at him and he came off conservative.

Still, better than Abbot.

Of course my cat, which I am sure is planning on killing me, would be better than Abbot.

Cheers
Qazulight
No. of Recommendations: 1
I left the remains of last nights dinner in a white ceramic bowl full of water and that would be a better Governor than Abbot. Wouldn’t kill people deliberately at least.