Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Better answer than mine!
Now the resistance is only to the new "fuel."

And significant that resistance is. I wonder when the tipping point will come for gas station franchisers/ees to finally start putting in superchargers or fast chargers at their priceless corner lots with the convenience stores. I believe they could charge 4x their commercial electricity rate for someone to charge up 100 miles in 15 minutes, come in and get a coffee/donut/beverage or hit the restroom. Traffic is traffic, ICE or EV.

This loose public/private partnership with unsupported competing electric tech is a problem. It's like having to find a CD-X player vs a CD-R vs a DVD vs a BluRay vs a VHS vs a Betamax to charge the car (ex-Tesla supercharging).

When battery tech increases and if the car makers' prices come down to ICE or below levels, then the flip will start happening. Or in 2030, whichever is earlier.

Tesla the organization may also not be able to scale as fast as their sales. More sales means more support, although at much less frequency than ICEs (that parts thing) - but installing/refurbing body parts and aftermarket glam - , charging stations install and maint, and battery recharge/replace? may be what these parts stores and dealerships need to move to.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.