Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Shorted QIHU at the close yesterday. Just checked the price...WOW.

'No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.' ~D.R.
Print the post Back To Top
stupidnoeditfeature

I shorted on the technicals. Huge gap down + death Cross [+ Gov't intervention and blaming short-sellers] = Very Bad Things.

Also, speculators there are getting crushed with margin calls, since they are allowed to be 4x levered.
also shorted ASHR today, so expect a massive rally and infinite stimulus by China tomorrow.

I see they've already banned selling on $1.4 Trillion of shares. That's one way to stop a correction!

LOLOL China's miracle 'managed economy' LOLOLOL
No. of Recommendations: 0
ASHR working out nicely.

~1500 stocks closed from trading today, market has 10% limit down rule, regulators telling people not to trade futures, relaxed margin rules, banning short-selling ike Japan in the 2000s and USA/Europe in 2008, I cannot see how this could possibly go wrong!

Looking at Tencent now.
I did short TenCent, so short 'China' is approx 4.8% of my portfolio. I'm sure in a week I'll wish it was 5x that, but for today I'm good.
easy come, easy go, right?

welcome to the roller coaster ride!
Oh yeah, I knew this day was coming. I guess if you ban selling and freeze 51% of the market you're gonna get a 'biggest rally in 6 years' kinda day eventually.

The only good thing is I bought a Chinese ADR trading at less than 70% cash, so that's up real big today. Still trades at a sub- US market PE.

Got down to 58% net-cash yesterday, shoulda gone arr-in there.

welcome to the roller coaster ride!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! It's only money right? ;)