No. of Recommendations: 1
Beware of uninteneded consequences.

This board is suffering even more grave "unintended consequences" right now. Today I learned that a major contributor to the board is actually withholding legitimate, valid screens because he is annoyed by the general level of static here. I will not divulge the identity of this person but it is a name every regular on this board would recognize.

When people become alienated into non-participation it's a problem because insights don't get shared in the general discussion and people (such as me) decline to work on new FAQs. But when people start withholding materially valuable contibutions such as new screens, THAT is a major, major problem, a problem which far outweighs any inconvenience caused by the stray newbie who flies into our air space.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.