Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I was offered and accepted this card about a year ago. 5 points for each $ spent on Quicken products, 1 point for other purchases. The Quicken products I use, including the annual Turbotax, were among the rewards offered. So I used the card extensively and accumulated more than enough points for my annual Turbotax. A couple weeks ago I went to the appropriate site and ordered my copy.

Friday what came in the mail is "Rewards Certificate" bearing both the logos of Intuit and Chase. I am to go to a certain site, enter the code provided, and be able to download my reward. I followed the directions. Oops! The site says my code has expired! The coupon has the expiration date: July 1, 2013.

Phone calls. First to Quicken. Finally I get a live person, who tells me she can't do anything "because it is a co-branded, 3rd party product. You have to talk to your bank." So I call Chase, and again, after a wait and a lot of automated messages, get to a live person, who initially tries to send me to Intuit. Nope, I've talked to them, and they said I had to talk to my bank. So, she says, I'll file the complaint and you will hear from us in 10-12 business days.

I'd hoped to do my taxes, as much as possible, this weekend. Probably I can rough it out enough to know whether I have to pay more and how much using the 2010 version, but it will be awhile before I use that card again! The final copy can't be done until I have all the statements from various investments, but probably the old one will give me an idea. Then re-enter the data when finally I can download the 2011 version. Yuck!

Best wishes, Chris
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.