Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
BF really does have a long commute. I've driven up there, though not in the winter. Also he says there are likely to be layoffs at the plant.

I think BF may get a part-time job, maybe at a hardware store.

I have signed up for Medicare part A, and I figure I can sign up for the other Medicare stuff when I am ready to retire. I can keep my insurance through work as long as I am actively working (I asked HR about this), and the insurance pays first and Medicare pays after. I am told that the insurance my employer can get for retirees is pretty decent, and with that Medicare would pay first.

I do have a fair amount of vacation each year, and a lot of sick days left. Maybe I could be sure to take all my vacation, and we could still have time together.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.