Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 10
BG

WPC in my unsophisticated opinion is a solid REIT to buy at the current time for buy and hold income investors. Brad Thomas brought this REIT to my attention and it has done well but has now leveled off for the last two years. Brad has written extensively about it but I like to be able to have other sources of information.
The dividend of 5.6% is extremely attractive and is well-covered with an AFFO payout ratio of 77% per the two brokerage houses who cover this REIT whose reports I can access.
Its debt level of debt to total market cap of 31-36% seems very reasonable.
Among its top mutual fund holders are three different Fidelity income funds.

WPC currently represents 0.5% of my portfolio.
If the dividend simply keeps up with inflation this will be a rewarding investment.

Martin
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.