Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Sunday, September 25th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 17
While everyone's waiting for Manchin and Sinema to determine whether they plan to sabotage president Biden's economic agenda, the Senate is quietly making history with his judicial nominees.

The Democratic-controlled Senate voted 52-41 Monday to confirm Gustavo Gelpi to be a judge on the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, based in Boston, making him the fifth new circuit judge with a background as a public defender on Biden's watch.

Set against recent history, that is a remarkable statistic. President Barack Obama confirmed five former public defenders to the appeals courts over his entire eight years...

Gelpi is Biden's eighth new judge with experience as a public defender, as many as presidents Fat Mussolini, Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton got confirmed in their first years combined.

The next nominee, Christine O'Hearn, selected to be a district judge in New Jersey, is expected to get a final vote Tuesday. Dozens more nominees await votes.

Biden and Harris have made it a point to focus on the courts and nominate more public defenders and civil rights lawyers... and the senate is successfully confirming them.

Still, there's that Fat Mussolini USSC that stands ready and eager to return American to the 1950s.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/new-public-defende...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
NOBODY is sabotaging the agenda, other than Trump-Haters who focus on *that* ....and all this time didn't focus on the agenda.

*So* - as usual - Club 401K - is sidelines.

Manchin, Sinema, and the REST of US........will be telling you what the agenda is.

I will allow you 2 trillion - not the 3.5 you wanted.

I prefer you didn't offer SALT relief to upper income white Americans who don't need it, but I might let that slide. (I can milk that one along with the rest of the package, so oh well).

I promise to let you know once we've decided ok?
No. of Recommendations: 5
I will allow you…

LOL
I will allow you…

LOL

Engagement #4560 from the Church of "Don't Engage"'
And once again, personal - - not issue oriented.
Does this suggest McConnell is losing control of the GOP Senators?

Ken
No. of Recommendations: 3
Does this suggest McConnell is losing control of the GOP Senators?

No. There is no filibuster on judicial nominees, so it's an unimportant vote if McConnell knows they will be approved.

It was Graham, Murkowski and Rick Scott who voted Yea. Who knows why.
Still, there's that Fat Mussolini USSC that stands ready and eager to return American to the 1950s.

I think you're about 3 decades off. I think they want to go all the way back to the 1920s.
Lord knows we need more judges to try all the insurrectionists.