Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 15
“Your perseverance and immeasurable courage continue to inspire me and millions of others. I pledge to continue to work with you—and with survivors, families, and advocates across the country—to defeat the NRA and end our epidemic of gun violence.”

Yup! If it weren't for the NRA, those kers, none of these shootings would have happened, by golly.

I wonder what kind of weak mind believes what comes out of Biden's mouth. DEFEAT the NRA and thereby end the epidemic of gun violence?

Well, look at it this way. If a Biden led whatever causes all members of the NRA to 'see-the-light', throw up their hands and surrender their pistols and rifles, all those shootings in Chicago, Baltimore and LA would simply evaporate and life on the street would morph into peaceful bliss....or so goes the mind of a Biden follower.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-says-he-will-defeat-the-...

Why do I get the feeling we're going to see a steady stream of this kind of reasoning.

BruceM
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 12
I wonder what kind of weak mind believes what comes out of Biden's mouth. DEFEAT the NRA and thereby end the epidemic of gun violence?

The word “thereby” was not spoken by Biden. It was inserted by you in order to make the statement conditional.

The first step in false propaganda is to falsify the words of those you are attacking
No. of Recommendations: 10
Likely, they'll go after the 501(C) tax exempt status...again...and again.

For democrats, it's destroy your enemies...through politics, lawyers, courts, regulations, etc.

Just like they tried to destroy gun manufacturers... driving most overseas.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I think the NRA is not doing a good job and has not for years. Other groups are popping up doing more now than ever before.

As an example
https://www.saf.org/

Maybe they will all come together.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm surprised that gun rights were not mentioned in the campaign. It was obvious low hanging fruit.

Trump advisors must have thought the issue would be a negative in urban areas. But I think that was weak planning.
" I'm surprised that gun rights were not mentioned in the campaign. It was obvious low hanging fruit"

I'm not.

Same reason as abortion was a Non issue never mentioned.

The country is split 50-50 on both issues......maybe not even that on gun ownership rights.

Americans bought 21 million guns in 2021.

The only reason the democrats would attack the NRA is that it wields political power. 100% on the other side of the progressive democrat agenda which is to disarm the population. Totally.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 16
1) The police are evil, we need to get rid of them.

2) Only the police should be allowed to have guns.

SOMEBODY explain to me how any sane person can hold both those beliefs simultaneously?
No. of Recommendations: 3

SOMEBODY explain to me how any sane person can hold both those beliefs simultaneously?

That's easy.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/9792-dissocia...

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 14
Through out history the first thing despots did was disarm the populace.
No. of Recommendations: 5

Easily explained.

There is no one on earth who simultaneously makes both absolute claims.

And there are only a few who make either absolute claim.

And most certainly, neither absolute claim is the policy of either Democrats or Republicans, and won’t be for the foreseeable
future.
Clueless Joe proposes to tax AR-15 and other semi-automatic “assault weapon” look alikes $200 per weapon and $200 for each “high capacity” (holding over 10 rounds) magazine to “reduce gun violence”, see https://www.worldtribune.com/biden-to-tax-gun-owners-for-ar-..., https://flagandcross.com/bidens-plan-would-tax-ar-15-owners-..., https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/11/18/will-biden-..., etc. etc.

If he had talked to the FBI and most any honest chief of police, he would have learned that most crime, murder, etc. is committed using pistols not rifles, which are hard to conceal. If I decided to go crazy and shoot up a holiday party, gay night club, church, mosque, etc. I would not use an AR-15 type rifle, which has an effective range of like 300 yards, no. Them things have a tendency to jam especially with very high capacity magazines. My weapon of choice would be my 12-gauge pump shotgun with an 18 1/2 inch barrel, which has an effective range of about 50 or 45 yards. They can be used to fire buckshot, slugs, flares, tear gas, “door buster” rounds, etc., seldom jams and can be reloaded with a shell in the chamber ready to fire. I would probably carry a revolver, such as my S&W 629 with the 2-inch barrel and the 45 ACP, which has an effective range of 35 or 30 yards (or less depending if one throws it overhand or underhand) for close in shooting.
;-)

IF he can get his “tax” passed, I predict that he’ll make millions of loyal American citizens criminals because they won’t give up their weapons and magazines and won’t submit to the government paperwork. They will stash them in their attics, garages, seal them in waterproof containers and bury them, etc. He just may have a civil war on his hands in short order.
;-(

C.J.V. - don’t figure Joe will last 3 or 2 years before Nancy & Kamala invoke the 25th amendment on him, me
No. of Recommendations: 0
One is left to wonder

a) why is the NRA needed to insure the 2nd amendment is complied with when every member of government swears an oath to support and defend the constitution?

b) how many people that would be required to pay the proposed tax make less than $400K/year?
No. of Recommendations: 5
The NRA leadership is stealing millions from NRA accounts, which is why the board resigned in 2019, and why the organization is being investigated. The NRA has nothing to do with 2A rights now, it's all about stealing as much money as possible.

6 NRA Board Members Have Now Jumped From Sinking Ship
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fifth-nra-board-member-jumps-...

NRA Funded LaPierre’s Search for $6 Million Mansion, Document Shows
https://www.thetrace.org/2019/08/nra-wayne-lapierre-house/

NRA lawsuit: who are the four leaders accused of corruption?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/06/nra-accused-...

Wayne LaPierre used the NRA as a 'personal piggy bank,' N.Y. attorney general says
Trips to the Bahamas, private jets and luxury hotel suites were some of the ways the CEO and other executives are alleged to have used the nonprofit's money.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wayne-lapierre-allegedl...

Who wouldn't want to defeat these criminals?
b) how many people that would be required to pay the proposed tax make less than $400K/year?

I think I recall that .01% That's 1/10th of 1 percent make $400k or more, so with that in mind it would be most everyone.
IF he can get his “tax” passed, I predict that he’ll make millions of loyal American citizens criminals because they won’t give up their weapons and magazines and won’t submit to the government paperwork. They will stash them in their attics, garages, seal them in waterproof containers and bury them, etc. He just may have a civil war on his hands in short order

He will definitely make them criminals where before they were not. The problem is every serial number is recorded and who purchased it when the background check is done. You and I know they do not throw this information away. Hiding them will not be an option.

People who have actually committed crimes that actually physically or mentally harm others carry far less punishment.

I also find it funny that with the tax in place he is allowing only rich people to keep their guns.
Through out history the first thing despots did was disarm the populace.

"Presentation by Kitty Werthmann, A living survivor of Nazi-controlled Austria.
Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 at the Howard Lake High School, Howard Lake, MN."

Listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr9777ugCiM
No. of Recommendations: 10
100% on the other side of the progressive democrat agenda which is to disarm the population. Totally.

Not even!
You can bet the last dollar in your wallet that Prayerful Nancy, Chucky Schumer, Shifty Schiff, Mad Maxine and Ocrazyo-Cortez, to name a few, will NEVER allow their body guards to be disarmed. Never!!

BruceM
will NEVER allow their body guards to be disarmed. Never!!

ha! NRA who advocates taking Assault weapons to Starbucks, doesn't allow any arms inside their conferences or their facilities.
Yup! If it weren't for the NRA, those kers, none of these shootings would have happened, by golly.

US has the highest per capital gun violence and death by gun violence. Wonder why?

First of all, Defund police doesn't mean eliminate police, but de-militarize police force, reduce their budget and hold them accountable.

So when you create a straw-man and argue against it, it is natural that they are not aligned.
NRA defeats itself:

NRA files for bankruptcy
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/business/nra-bankruptcy-new-y...

The National Rifle Association of America, the nation's foremost gun lobby, has filed for bankruptcy, according to court documents filed Friday in the Northern District of Texas. The Chapter 11 announcement follows leadership shakeups and allegations of financial mismanagement at the NRA in recent years. New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit in August accusing the NRA's senior leadership of violating laws governing nonprofit groups and using millions of dollars from the organization's reserves for personal use and tax fraud.

Eventually you run out of other people's money.
No. of Recommendations: 8
NRA defeats itself:

NRA files for bankruptcy
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/business/nra-bankruptcy-new-y......

The National Rifle Association of America, the nation's foremost gun lobby, has filed for bankruptcy, according to court documents filed Friday in the Northern District of Texas. The Chapter 11 announcement follows leadership shakeups and allegations of financial mismanagement at the NRA in recent years. New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit in August accusing the NRA's senior leadership of violating laws governing nonprofit groups and using millions of dollars from the organization's reserves for personal use and tax fraud.

Eventually you run out of other people's money. - FMNH

----------------------

Yep. The thing is the money they ran out of was provided to them voluntarily by their members, donors, and customers.

Quite different than a government that forcibly takes what it "needs" from its subjects.
US has the highest per capital gun violence and death by gun violence. Wonder why?

Since it takes a person to use a gun to cause death, actually it takes a person to cause any kind of violence or death no matter what the object is that use - what is the problem? Perhaps a country with horrible ethics & morals.
No. of Recommendations: 8

Liberalism and their criminal justice policies. No need to wonder further.
If you live in a society where your leadership tells you as a minority group that you are an oppressed victim and therefore are not guilty of crimes others would otherwise be guilty of, it should come as no surprise murder rates will be higher in this population.

In my lifetime, in the communities I lived in, I did not know or hear of or bore witness to a single murder let alone a murder with a gun, even though many of those I grew up around were avid hunters.

Guns are not the issue, social ills are. And no political group derives greater benefit from social ills than Democrats and their liberal policies.

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 11

I haven't observed that dead people care about how they died, or that people killed by other means are any less dead than people killed with guns.

As for why our rates are higher than some other countries, one thing we know for sure is that it is NOT caused by the presence of legally-owned firearms. Or by people with concealed-carry permits (they are convicted of violent crimes at a rather lower rate than even police officers). In fact, there's approximately an inverse relationship between rate of legal ownership of firearms, and gun violence/murder.

Oh, also, the claim that we have the highest per capita rate of death by guns is false. https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-death...

US: 12.21 per 100,000 people
Panama: 15.11
Columbia: 18.65
Brazil: 21.9
Jamaica: 30.72
Guatemala: 34.1
El Salvador: 45.6
Venezuela: 49.22
Honduras: 60

(Oh, and that source lacks data for most of the world other than the Americas and Europe.)

Some of these countries have extremely strict on civilian ownership of firearms.

Jamaica, for example, has the 92nd most armed civilians in the world, with approximately 8 civilian-owned firearms per 100 people. (US, unsurprisingly, is #1, just shy of double the rate of #2 Falkland Islands.)

You know what's funny though? Prior to 1967 Jamaica's gun-control efforts were pretty easy-going, and their death-by-gun rate was quite low - 3.9 per 100,000 in 1962. Then they enacted strict gun control laws, where a single police officer's testimony of any violation is sufficient to get the accused a sentence of life in prison without parole, and the gun-murder rate soared. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law_in_Jamaica
Warrl posted an interesting set of numbers.
If you dig into them a little, what really stands out is the suicide rate
In the USA it is 7.32 per 100,000 followed by Argentina at 1.2 and the rest way less than one

Anyone care to speculate why this is?
I would speculate that one reason is availability and lethality.

I saw a study on TV of people would tried to commit suicide but failed
In subsequent interviews many said that it was a spur of the moment thing with no premeditation.
They were on the edge of a high building and thought, jump. So they did
No. of Recommendations: 1
Clearly whoever claimed "US has the highest per capital gun violence and death by gun violence." was following the science rather than pulling it out of their A $$.
Clearly whoever claimed "US has the highest per capital gun violence and death by gun violence." was following the science rather than pulling it out of their A $$.

Lol clearly.