No. of Recommendations: 2
It's a mess.....

It's a slugfest...

it's one liners......

It's the 47%..... vs failed policies....

Biden sounds agitated......

getting boring....time to tune out...

t.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
DH tuned out 15 minutes ago. Said no information was being transmitted - just a point scoring contest. That's why I don't watch these things.

arrete
I think it's a draw. No one really performed much better than the other. Biden was the man of experience and Ryan was very good speaker. Biden was not gaff prone but all that smirking and laughing while Ryan was speaking. That is not going to reflect well on Biden. Goodness gracious. That was a bit smug....actually very smug. But in terms of point scoring and debating skills, it was a close tie.
No. of Recommendations: 23
Biden LIED....

just yesterday the State department testified, under oath, that there were REPEATED requests for more security by the Ambassador....

denied by Obama...

but Obama had the money to force embassies to buy green Volts and install $108,000 charging stations.

Which would have paid for 3 full time security folks for a year in LIbya....

duh!..

priorities...green first..... saving lives second...

Biden lied big time..then he blamed the 'intelligence community' for not realizing it was 9-1-1- anniversary date and that folks with RPGs and AK047s are not peaceful protestors......or ones who rape the Ambassador before killing him.

duh!

t.
No. of Recommendations: 5
AOL
I think it's a draw. No one really performed much better than the other. Biden was the man of experience and Ryan was very good speaker. Biden was not gaff prone but all that smirking and laughing while Ryan was speaking. That is not going to reflect well on Biden. Goodness gracious. That was a bit smug....actually very smug. But in terms of point scoring and debating skills, it was a close tie.

I can't say who won. I was surprised by Biden. He was not the dufus I expected.

He was a condescending, interupting, voice raising pr!ck. What little respect I had for him is totally gone.

decath
" He was a condescending, interupting, voice raising pr!ck. What little respect I had for him is totally gone"

He is definitely not 'presidential material' and would become President if anything happened to Obama.

WHo would you rather get that 3 am call? Ryan or Biden?

I"m surprised no one raised that issue.

t.
---------------------------------------------------
I think i agree with you.

Krauthammer said something pretty good. He said if you just saw the transcript it was a tie, if you heard it on the radio Biden won, if you saw it on tv Ryan won. I do think the smugness, the smirking, and the laughing especially was off-putting, to put it mildly.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I do think the smugness, the smirking, and the laughing especially was off-putting, to put it mildly.

It was over the top. I can't stand it when people interupt me. I'm a very polite person and I patiently wait until they finish. I occasionally pause when putting together my thoughts and RUDE people will take advantage of me. I just walk away from and them and tell them I don't talk to rude people.

Biden is a punk.

decath
I saw this on Facebook but don't have a link, so take it for what it's worth:

PAUL RYAN WINS CNN AND CNBC DEBATE POLLS - Ryan 48% vs. Biden 44% (CNN), and Ryan 56% vs. Biden 36% (CNBC).
I've been watching the baseball playoffs and can't seem to find the Cubs. Weird.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I watched baseball 99.9% of the time. Between innings or during pitching changes I'd flip over. Could barely watch more than a minute I got so nauseated. Biden's constant smirking, laughing, and interupting was totally annoying. So much so I couldn't really pay much attention. The RNC already was a web-commercial called "No Laughing Matter" or something like that.

The one big Biden gaff, he said Ryan voted for two wars to put on credit cards while he was opposed to it. Check the record Joe, you voted for them too. What a moron.

What I wish they'd do for debates, put each person in a soundproof booth. They can hear what the other has to say. Give them the question, you have X minutes, microphone turns off right on time and other person's turns on, go. No overtime, no interuptions.

JLC
I didn't see the debate but I did see that my beloved Oakland lost to -- of all people -- Detroit! And I watched the Orioles tie their series with the Yankees in 13 innings.

Will it be SF vs NYY? SF vs the Orioles? SF vs the Tigers? Is there anyone who seriously thinks the Gnats or the Cards are going to represent the NL?

--fleg, on fire with baseball fever
I've been watching the baseball playoffs and can't seem to find the Cubs. Weird.

wolverine307

Or the Pirates. <g> An entire generation has grown up in Pittsburgh with losing major league baseball.

Mike
No. of Recommendations: 18
I watched it until 10 pm when I looked at my watch! Late for bed!

I don't understand all that laughing Joe Biden did, doesn't make sense to laugh during a serious discussion. Only serves to demean the other person as if what he's saying is ridiculous and not important. All the interrupting was a power play and is also rude and demeaning.

Joe talked alot but didn't say anything. He thought he'd get some zingers in but only served to make him look small.

Ryan was even-keeled.

I didn't like it when the wimpy moderator didn't tell Joe to stop interrupting, that is their job to make sure the other person gets their time in to speak, not to respond to the other persons jabs, but to answer the moderators question. The moderator lost control of Joe.
Ryan was polite and even-keeled in his responses, he took it seriously.

Would I want Joe Biden as President, heck no!

Ryan is a fresh face, positive outlook and hopefully not so corrupted by Washington power. Biden is as dirty as they come, he's been in politics too long and he'll say anything for the Democrats.

LuckyDog
I don't understand all that laughing Joe Biden did, doesn't make sense to laugh during a serious discussion. Only serves to demean the other person as if what he's saying is ridiculous and not important. All the interrupting was a power play and is also rude and demeaning.
----------------------------------------------------------
It has to do with the narrative they set up after the presidential debate. You remember that after that the big dem talking point was "Romney lied", so i'm guessing they told Biden to smile and smirk after every Ryan line to make it like, "oh gee they're lying again, i have to laugh". I think it backfired because it probably came across as rude and condescending to independents, i'm guessing it only helped with their base, which they had already anyway.
What a moron.

... Biteme has been a moron and buffoon for some time. Here's a clip of him responding to a voter in 1988:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/biden-flashback-i-think-i-prob...
The vice presidential debate will be telling to intelligent voters such as myself. We recognize that grins, guffaws, smirks, toothy smiles and other disrespectful behavior doesn't take the place of measured, thoughtful, controlled and respectful answers.

I can't even imagine Biden being the President of the United States if something were to happen to the empty suit that already sits in the Oval Office.

Aren't there rules in debates about Biden-like behavior? I could've sworn there was.
Aren't there rules in debates about Biden-like behavior? I could've sworn there was.

Yes, there are.

The rules are "Republicans aren't allowed to answer questions, but their answers must be so extremely detailed that people lose interest."

Yes, there are.

The rules are that Republicans aren't allowed to interrupt Democrats. Particularly not during the Republican's allotted time to speak, but also at any other time.
No. of Recommendations: 4
I can't even imagine Biden being the President of the United States if something were to happen to the empty suit that already sits in the Oval Office.

... Biden is Urkel's life insurance policy.

No one would think about doing bad things to Obama when they know that Biden would be the replacement ...
"It's a mess.....

It's a slugfest...

it's one liners."

Hey this finally makes sense. it was a slugfest, and Biden acted the role of slug.
Slime trail and all, I guess he did win!
It's a mess.....

It's a slugfest...

it's one liners......

It's the 47%..... vs failed policies....

Biden sounds agitated......

getting boring....time to tune out...

t.

Actually, I thought it was a lot more lively and fun than that Obama/Romney snoozefest last week...