No. of Recommendations: 0
During the 2008 vice presidential debate, Joe Biden complained about how gas prices were so high at the time that the average “Joe” couldn’t afford to fill up his tank.

... then-Senator Biden took the opportunity to relate a conversation he had at a gas station with “a guy named Joey” who said he couldn’t afford to fill up his tank:

“I was recently at my local gas station and asked a guy named Joey Danco. I said, ‘Joey, how much did it cost to fill your tank?’ You know what his answer was? He said, ‘I don't know, Joe. I never have enough money to do it.’”

At the time (Oct. 2008), the average cost of a gallon of regular was $3.17 – and only $1.93/gallon when Obama took office in January of 2009 – according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Today, AAA estimates that a gallon of regular costs about $3.82 (Oct. 9), while the latest BLS report says it cost $3.71/gallon in August.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/biden-complains-peop...

and it's at $5/gal in California!....

So what is Biden going to say tomorrow about all that Green energy that has just run up the price of oil to 'skyrocketing' levels?

Is he going to talk about Joey and the $150 and $200 tank fill ups? And 300 and 400 for a motor home? And $2000 to fill up the heating oil tank for the winter- twice!

t.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Is he going to talk about Joey and the $150 and $200 tank fill ups?

Nah, he'll blast Ryan for the GOPs War on Women. At least that's what I hope anyway.
This whole "War on Women" thing is just a case of libruls yet again putting the em-PHA-sis on the wrong syl-LA-ble.

For the next four years, the ONLY THING that matters is the economy and jobs. If Mitt Romney does NOTHING ELSE but get the economy moving--which I expect will take two terms--he'll go down in the history books as being the savior of the United States of America.

Without jobs, it won't matter whether a woman can get a legal abortion or not. There won't be a country worth worrying about; we're that close to becoming Greece and Spain.

Without a sound economy, who cares if gays marry? Let 'em do whatever they want--in the town square if they want to--while Rome burns.

Without pulling our fat out of the fiscal fire, who gives a flying flip whether PBS survives?

It's all so distractionist. I hope Mitt & Co. can stay focused long enough to come up with a solid bipartisan plan to balance the frikken budget.

NOTHING else matters.
No. of Recommendations: 2
CC:

I want Joe to ramble on about the War on Women to show America how unserious the Dems are about the real problems facing the country.
CC
NOTHING else matters.

Plus, women, when you get right down to it, are not really attracted to metrosexuals. <g>

Oh sure, they may try a fling or two. You know try the interactial or bisexual thing after a night of partying...but in the end...they like real men like Romney or Ryan. LOL

decath