Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
megacaps relatively unscathed, keeping indexes afloat and out of correction territory.
while small/midcaps in growth getting crushed.

some value got hit today as S&P momentarily tumbled, but recovered...saw dips in SPG and jumped on PTLO.

thinking nasdaq/megas still fall, taking growth with them. just a matter if growth bounces hard first or treads water until then. makes a big difference on entry prices and cagr, to me.

So I have revised entry prices in my head due to this market vomiting while not really vomiting.
GLBE at $52-54 no longer seems a great starting point, as the $40's have been explored heavily this week. So perhaps $42-44 is the new $52-54? Huge difference in cagr, isn't it? So I hold out for a breach of the $30s at this point before committing to GLBE and ignoring computer for a few months.

PTLO is interesting. I think lockup of April will yield downward pressure, but will it bounce a lot prior to that? Inflation and supply chain likely offered an early entry. Could go to or below IPO price around $25-26? Maybe. I got in at $27, so may cash it in if we get big up move prior to lockup expiration before committing longer-term to it.

SPG got hit with retail news theme that inflation is hurting retail. Simon sells to rich people or upper-middle class mostly. So they are impacted by the news, but not reality, imo. But that gives us a possible reentry, IF (and a big IF) we see more Omicron and inflation/retail negative press all next week, and price gets into upper $130s, I would like that very much. I see $180 as doable for 2022 at some point, in a declining covid and resumed-tourism world. So SPG may have legs for one more year...who knows. $140s may be too tempting.

Not giving up on growth stocks, just don't believe the worst is baked in yet. Probably ok long-term, but again, I care about cagr and best possible entry price, and not passive LTBH. DDOG and others still too pricey. Just look at MNDY giving up the gains. I sold it at $246 on Tuesday or something like that. Nutso market.

Finally - I should hire the guy running my taxable account as it is up 5% YTD, while the loser running my 401k is down about 10%, with result being I am down about 5% YTD overall.

Bifurcation: the division of something into two branches or parts.

Dreamer
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.