Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 72
Big government is not the answer for economic progress. Never has been, never will be.

The internet.
Nuclear power.
Roads.
Gene sequencing.
Satellite distribution.
Apple's SIRI (via DARPA)
Optical digital recording
Fluorescent lights
Water purification technology
Supercomputers
Advanced metalurgies
Panama Canal
Google
Super computers
GPS
Cordless tools
Solar panel development
Human genome project
National Weather Service
Transcontinental Railroad
Higher Education (G.I. Bill)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRIs)
and hundreds more.

So when you say "Big government is not the answer for economic progress. Never has been, never will be." I see what you mean.

Then you top that off with a wonderful example "The USSR failed. Check it out." So I guess I should ask, "Why isn't Somalia a paradise? Where is the progress in Afghanistan? Why isn't the Democratic Republic of Congo thriving? How's Niger these days? And what about Yemen, Chad, the Sudan? Surely they don't all have "too much government" do they?

So on your advice I "checked it out." It turns out that your statement is, like so much of what you post, delusional. Pity, really.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.