Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
I set up an account with Robin Hood as soon as I heard of them...in 2015

Although other online brokers now offer commission-free trading, offer partial shares, offer dividend re-investing, etc.. I kept my account with Robin Hood since they were sort of the trail blazers (I also have accounts with Etrade and Ameritrade)

I have not been able to access my Robin Hood account since Oct 26th, due to required double-authentication.

I thought we'd get this problem solved with little effort. I was wrong. We have had emails back and forth, I have given them a lot of info, to let them know that I am me.

The next to the last email they sent me, they asked me to send a picture of my "state I.D.", and send it to them at some special email address. I scanned my driver's license, emailed it to the specified email address.

I just heard back from them. They said they could not accept it because it was a .PDF file. I still do not have access to my account. They said something about Android. I do not own a smart phone.

I just filed a complaint with SEC. I'll call the FINRA office in San Francisco next.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.