Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Big sigh . . . what to do??

You can most certainly give your daughter advice. I would assume that anything you say will get back to your SIL, so don't bad mouth him. But if you have advice for your daugter on how to motivate them dish it out! That's what mom's are for! With regard to you feeling as though you wouldn't have to discipline the grandkids if she would do it, you need to tell her. Not in front of the kids, but I think she needs to know. There is no benefit coming from you holding back.

I would avoid critizing what she has or hasn't done. I would stick with the present moment and offer suggestions. Make sure you realize she may not listen to you, and that's neither bad nor good, just the way it is. So don't take it personally if that happens.

That's my 2¢. It's tough predicament. Good luck.

Smurfette
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.