Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 18
Bill, Azriel, et al.
The following is not directed to any one person, so please do not take it personally. There has been several posts complaining about the MoneyPaper's web site being so screwed up lately and the percieved lack of service of this company that I felt like I had to say something. I have no relationship with TOT or the MoneyPaper. I wrote this, then walked away to come back later and read it before I sent it, just to make sure I wanted to, and I do so here it is:

Caution, rant, rant, rant...

I have been discouraged, as you seem to be, with the inability of the company to get it's web site up and functioning again. It seems like a direct reflection on the company's ability to perform on a professional level.

I am sorry, but I am tired of reading these types of complaints. Since the web site has been down, I have purchased 3 or 4 DRIPs by phone and snail mail with absolutely no problems! My purchases have been made on time and my refund checks and confirmations have been sent to me in a VERY timely manner, no different than when the web site was fully functional. So to call their professionalism into question I think is unfounded. All companies with an internet site can and probably will have some issues. I think it is commendable that the Moneypaper continues to do their business and do it well inspite of their web-site problems. I know there is a lost convienence factor without being able to buy on line, but it is still very possible.

no matter what your viewpoint or financial interest, it doesn't look good!!....Hopefully, they will get their act together soon because they did perform a valuable service to investers interested in DRIPs!

I don't really follow this line of thought. Again, I would like to say any on-line company will have problems of some sort in time, but these folks are not soley dependent on their on-line services to still provide a valuable service to Drippers. You can still place orders, just call them and ask!
I have purchased around 25 companies with these folks, some on-line, some through snail mail (some for me, others for friends and family). The process usually takes around 2 months to complete. I have never had any problems with their services.
I don't mind waiting 2 months because I am a LONG TERM DRIPPER, which means the price I pay for 1 share today, or 2 months from now won't matter as much as how much I paid on average over the next 20 to 35 years.

I hope this hurt no one's feelings, but I felt it had to be said.

David
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.