Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Bill Ford is everything the Fool stands for. He is helpful, kind, and patient. I remember when he arrived on HWTSC and I have watched his knowledge and skill grow continuously ever since that time. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves, partly because he is insufficiently controversial.

Bill is an excellent choice for the Feste.

Jiml8

BillF is a mensch. Set aside the knowledge and skill (which is hard in itself) and look at how he has been as a member of the TMF community and has added to that community. There's an inherent kindness in him that I feel is the essential nubbin of TMF and that is learning from those who know more and learning from those who delight in sharing what they know without any other desire than to share.

Controversy, more aptly described as contention, may create a volume of posts yet a clear answer that doesn't create disagreement is sometimes not recognized for what it is. Yet it is what TMF is: learning together so that an idea shared benefits all.

If you look at the short history of The Feste Award each winner has been a person who has given of themselves unstintingly because that's their way. BillF is that caliber.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.