No. of Recommendations: 29
Mark Halperin said on MSNBC yesterday that he counted 42 times Bill O. interrupted Obama in the slightly < 10 min. interview before the Super Bowl. I started ransacking my brain for interviewers I've admired over the space of several years. I came up with an even 10. I simply used the Fool's "to educate, amuse, and enrich" for my personal criteria.

These 5, unfortunately, are RIP'ing: Mike Wallace, Ed Bradley, Tim Russert, David Frost, and Howard Cosell. Howard died in 1995. In his bio, I saw he once described himself exactly how I think of Bill O.--"arrogant, pompous, and obnoxious."

My other 5: Ted Koppel, Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer, Morley Safer, and Dick Cavett.

Yes, these 10 lobbed some softballs at times (Cosell to Muhammed Ali) and got hugely contentious at other times (Frost vs. Nixon). But all 10, in my opinion, shared one important thing despite the fact they may not have particularly liked the person in the other chair. With very few exceptions, they let them be heard.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.