No. of Recommendations: 2
Binkley (real name or just a Bloom County fan?)

OK, about living, if you aren't working in the city look to live outside. Philly has got a 5% tax on citizens and workers. If you are working there then there is only a small percentage difference if you aren't a resident but no sense paying it if you don't have to. Not to mention the cost of auto insurance and other things. Not too familiar with the Bristol area so can't recommend anything else without more research.

As for doing there is a ton of things to do, both in city and out. Phillies opening new ballpark this week, museums out the gazoo, the Zoo is great and weather is just breaking. If you fish Philly is one of the few cities that has a trout stream running thru it. The nice thing about the Philly area is that you are only a 90min drive from either the Jersey Shore or the Poconos so you have the diversions either of thse two places offer within easy reach. There are 3 major amusement parks within a hour to 90 minute drives also plus Sesame Place on the northern edge if you have rugrats.

You might want to check out Philly.com, they have online versions of both major Philly papers there which can give you an idea of what is going on.

If I can think of other things I will be sure to let you know. I myself live out in what are called the northwestern suberbs by the local weather men out by Valley Forge, which you should know about as a military man <G>

herb
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.