Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
My first post here. Recently I brought Biocryst to Saul's board and of course Saul did not like to discuss small-cap biotechs. Fuma suggested I bring it here for discussion and so here I am.

Biocryst is a $2B mcap company focused on rate diseases. On Dec. 3 they got approval for Orladeyo in US and last month in Japan - EU is expected in Q2. It is a once/day oral drug to treat HAE (Hereditary angioedema). All competing solutions are injectables. So, everyone agrees this drug has a lot of potential. The treatment cost is $485,000/y and the company conservatively estimates peak sales of $500M/year.

But this is not a 1 trick pony. Everyone seems excited about their Oral drug 9930 which is a Factor D inhibitor. Phase 1 report is due any day now. Preliminary results are positive. This is a platform drug. Just for PNH alone, Alexion was selling Solaris and Ultomoris for several $B/year (they had C5 inhibitors and they paid $1B to acquire Achillon Factor D). More on 9930 here

https://msmoneymoves.com/2021/01/31/this-is-big/

They also have other drugs - 9250 for FOP disease which has cleared Phase 1. This company was recently discovered by the Reddit crowd too as it has a high 18% short interest. But some informative posts here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BCRX/comments/laq2pw/question_2_bio...

Clearly, I am very bullish on this stock. Since it announced US approval on Dec. 3 the stock has moved from $5.1 to above $10 now. But it has a lot more potential. Do you see anything negative that I am missing?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.