Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
When filling out FAFSA for my new wife's 19 year old son, how do we show mom's income and expenses? He is looking for help with community college expenses. I know when figuring out for younger daughter's Child Support, MY income (much higher than hers) was not considered. Is this the same with FAFSA?

Son lives independently in another part of the state. He is legally emancipated. Is there a way he would be considered indepentent? If so, the question in the first paragraph is moot.

Any links to info sites or recommedations for books gladly accepted

Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.