Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I just finished the latest (o.k., so it's been out since last fall) Anne Rice noval Blood and Gold, the story of Marius (although we have heard bits of his tale all the way from The Vampire Lestat.

Is this a new trend in writing, to tell the same story from various points of view? When I was younger, I thought Michael Moorcock pulled it off to some degree with flair, since he was also dealing with a certain amount of time travel as well. In the last few years, I have noted this writing style repeated by David Eddings and now by Anne Rice. Although we also learn what happened to each writer's characters when other characters weren't around as witnesses, it also seems to lead to the occasional continuity error.

These are not people without talent, but I am starting to wonder why they cannot manage to produce works that, while related to previous stories, do not rely on the earlier works verbatim.

Or am I just being nit-picky?

Moonglade
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.