No. of Recommendations: 1
blue,

I can sympathize. Have many similar problems tho not quite as bad as yours because I head the IT here and many of the things that wait for me can't be done by most of the people here. That said there are a few buts, there are jobs that don't get done that could be done, it's just that people are afraid of technology and don't want to learn what to do. Also it sems whenever I take a day off the gremlins know it and come out to play and either someone screws up a program or a piece of equipment goes crazy. Have yet to take a vacation or even a sick day where I haven't gotten a call from work to fix somethng. Went to a wedding in WI last month and got a call at 6 am Saturday, 5 am WI time, because the boss screwed something up and needed help. So, just relax and be glad they won't be phoning you in the UK, I hope. Think of all that stuff waiting for you as job security <G> but don't even think of it while you are gone. If you are going to let it worry you yo might as well never take a vacation because you will just waste them with worry. What's waiting when you get back can wait and when you do get back just do it at a reasonable pace. if someone bitches that you need to do it faster just explain that most of it could have been done by someone else while you were gone but noone bothered and that you will get it done when you can. I have learned never to promise anything, my favorite phrase anymore is that I'm working on it, which I am and it will get done when it get's done. Will bust my butt for a true emergency but as the sign on my boss' wall says "Your poor planning does not make it my emergency".

Relax and enjoy the UK. Wish I was going.

herb
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.