Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Georgia

Texas

In the case of Texas, someone here - well over 10 years ago was saying how Texas will be a purple state one day. We're not quite there.... but eventually we will be.

Now let's keep in mind....

There's no Trump in Georgia. There's no Rudy in Texas. There's no "Greene!" running Georgia.

Fearless prediction, which we will re-visit at a later time....

As Georgia shifts from Red.....closer to Blue. (They went BLUE in 2020)

As Texas shifts from Red..... closer to Blue.

Again, they'd continue to move LEFTWARD, not Rightward.

The "wealth gap" - - WILL INCREASE, NOTICEABLY.

The more Democratic things get in those areas....the wider the wealth gap will get.

The Left, wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyone wanna say "no, the Bluer those places get - the less the wealth gap will be?"
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 6
The more Democratic things get in those areas....the wider the wealth gap will get.
The Left, wouldn't have it any other way.

I call Jedi. A less rude Jedi.
As Georgia and Texas get more Blue....

Their Wealth Gap WILL increase .

No Trumps no Rudys.

The More Blue they get, the more the Wealth Gaps will increase.

The Left, will make sure of it. It will be them increasing their power - nobody else.
It's ok to have apathy towards the wealth gap.

It's ok to be on a side that will increase it.

It's your right.

I'm merely predicting - you will succeed at increasing the wealth gap.

Personal attacks are for the Trumpy KellyAnne types.

I'll stick to highlighting how Democrats will increase the wealth gap.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Personal attacks are for the Trumpy KellyAnne types.

Ah, so.
I still believe the widening Wealth Gap is a problem.

I continue to predict that as Georgia and Texas get Bluer....

Their wealth gap will increase, surely and visibly.
I still believe the widening Wealth Gap is a problem.

Me too. A huge problem.

I continue to predict that as Georgia and Texas get Bluer....

Their wealth gap will increase, surely and visibly.

This is where you've lost me. Can you explain how you've tied the wealth gap to one political party? I've not ever noted that in any of the data. But economic inequality is directly tied to many of our societal ills, and there is no question that it does us great harm. And this occurs globally.

Here's an exceptionally good talk on the subject;

https://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson_how_economic_ine...
"This is where you've lost me. Can you explain how you've tied the wealth gap to one political party? I've not ever noted that in any of the data. But economic inequality is directly tied to many of our societal ills, and there is no question that it does us great harm. And this occurs globally."

Ok, so Republicans aren't responsible for wealthy disparities? After all there's only two parties in charge depending on the day right?

So if we can't "tie it to one political party" - you then disagree with everyone who blames it on Republicans or Trump right?

(I don't. I think they are culpable. I also say - that Democrats taking over these 2 states will increase the wealth gap there)

But if we're absolving Republicans of blame, I guess I will cede that point to Nigel.
"This is where you've lost me. Can you explain how you've tied the wealth gap to one political party? I've not ever noted that in any of the data. But economic inequality is directly tied to many of our societal ills, and there is no question that it does us great harm. And this occurs globally."

Ok, so Republicans aren't responsible for wealthy disparities? After all there's only two parties in charge depending on the day right?

So if we can't "tie it to one political party" - you then disagree with everyone who blames it on Republicans or Trump right?

I didn't say any of the above. We can agree that we have serious economic inequality. What I am asking is how did you come to the conclusion that you could tie it directly to one political party or another? Can you explain the data used to get there?

Clearly it is more than that, since we see this happening all over the world. Maybe it is policy by policy? In which case, I'd like to your logic in determining that more blue policy increases economic inequality. See what I am asking? Watch that Ted talk I posted.

I also say - that Democrats taking over these 2 states will increase the wealth gap there

You've said that several times, but haven't explained how or why you believe this is true.
Money is power. In America we're now questioning how centralized that power should be and to what extent others should suffer or want as a consequence of that power dynamic.
"I didn't say any of the above. We can agree that we have serious economic inequality. What I am asking is how did you come to the conclusion that you could tie it directly to one political party or another? Can you explain the data used to get there? "

No, because it would be objected to strictly on a partisan basis. What I said - is not for today, it's about the not so distant future. But I will give only bullet points, but I won't argue them further. I'm more interested in revisiting this - when it becomes obvious and visible that I was right. But....bullet points: 1.)Based on many known Liberal locales - things get segregated. 2.)Culture decay, a topic taboo to bring up or talk about. 3.)Global Trade - helps the 401K crowd, hurts many others. 4.)Immigration - the way the Left wants it done.

And I maintain - - those 2 states, will increase their wealth gap, as they increase their Blue transformation.

Let's hope I'm wrong. 3 years from now, under a Democrat President, a Democratic Congress, a Democratic Senate...let's hope regular people are jumping for joy. Because so far, it's the Big banks, the Big Hmos and Big Pharma and Big Retail that's fat and happy. And it's not fair to lay that on Biden because it's barely been a year (even though Liberals here did it to Bush or Trump all the time). Let's see as time goes... not everything gets decided by the next commercial segment on some cable news network.

As Georgia and Texas get Bluer, their internal wealth disparity will increase.

It is political.

Every 4 years, Democrats talk of the "wealth gap" and "top 1%" and blame it on Republicans.

Well, from the White House to the Capitol to the Senate to the State of Georgia, to maybe one day Texas.....let us wait and watch, is all I'm saying
Money is power. In America we're now questioning how centralized that power should be and to what extent others should suffer or want as a consequence of that power dynamic.

Well said.

So now, it's not Trump or Rudy or Bush at the helm.

It's Democrats. '

It's certain states trending Democratic.

It's claims by Liberals here that America is drifting a bit leftward.

So it's the American left and Democrats that will have a HUGE say in answering the above quoted equation.

Let us wait and see what route the Democrats go....
No. of Recommendations: 12
Which party passed all the tax cuts for the wealthy?

It wasn’t the Democrats.

Which party eliminated regulation of Wall Street?

Primarily Republicans.

Which party opposed the Affordable Care Act which helps the poor be able to have health care?

Republicans.

Which party has done all it can do to bust unions, halt increases to the minimum wage, destroy Social Security by death from a thousand cuts, and eliminate estate taxes?

.....and yet Democrats are responsible for the wealth gap
Which party passed all the tax cuts for the wealthy?

It wasn’t the Democrats.

Which party eliminated regulation of Wall Street?

Primarily Republicans.

Which party opposed the Affordable Care Act which helps the poor be able to have health care?

Republicans.

Which party has done all it can do to bust unions, halt increases to the minimum wage, destroy Social Security by death from a thousand cuts, and eliminate estate taxes?

.....and yet Democrats are responsible for the wealth gap

I never said Democrats are responsible. Not once. And I say directly "Democrats aren't responsible for the wealth gap". And hey, Democrats bear NO responsibility. NONE. They are 100% clean on this - never mind they are 50% of the major parties.

Ok? Dems. Not responsible.

Georgia is getting bluer.

Texas is getting bluer.

The more Democrat those 2 states get, the more their wealth gap will increase.

BOTH states will have visibly larger wealth gaps 3.5 years from now. And 5 years from now. And especially 10 years from now.

Hopefully we're all in good health.

Hopefully we can reconvene on this issue in 3.5 years to kick things off.

That would have been after one full term of a Democratic President, Congress and Senate. AND 3.5 years of Georgia becoming more Democratic. Then as Democrats become even more powerful in those states.... beyond just 3.5 years from now the Wealth Gap will get bigger and bigger and more noticeable too.

AND that is after more Affordable Care Act subsidy, and trillions in stimulus for the middle class and after years of Democratic rule. Who knows? Years from now I will have to recall this thread and everyone can cite fine data showing less wealth gap. Surely - - after years of trillions of dollars for the middle class and poor, after years of shifting Blue-ish there will be less Wealth Gap right?

I say - no.

It's no different than making football predictions. We won't know till after the season is played.
".....and yet Democrats are responsible for the wealth gap "

They are, because they failed to stop the GOP.

Ken