Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Bob -

Thanks for buying my book. I appreciate it.

Also, try to overlook Gleason's format. I just read Buffett's 2007 letter to stockholders, and the world's richest man won't win any design awards for his letters either.

As for content, I have read Gleason's e-mail letters for 2-3 years now, and I think his commentary is first-rate. Now, you and I may not like his conclusions. But, he forces us to think about issues we might prefer to ignore.

By the way, since you are a pessimist, you'll enjoy Jeremy Grantham's January 2008 letter to clients here https://www.gmo.com/America/CMSAttachmentDownload.aspx?target=JUBRxi51IIAHTDZLm9ngC5rkzeiT9EOzjWeHBQIMrJ4OdTTFzX5%2bSvlsYiAtNbmvoKc1tZoMI5euyyM53N%2f2YwDybEjMXeUnaMrx4PtB7Vo%3d. Like Gleason, Grantham expects tough times ahead.

Ditto Paul Farrell http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/tragedy-recession-its-bad-ending/story.aspx?guid=%7B5D72D7E3-76BB-4CAB-B4D0-60F87DA734B7%7D

Since none of us know what the future holds, diversify your hard-earned wealth across several asset classes. To learn more, I recommend reading Gleason's book. The link is at the end of his letter.

One last item about Gleason's letter. Apart from the book, he is not selling anything. So, no hidden agenda. If you do not buy the book, he'll still send you his letter.

Hewitt

P.S. Baseball season is almost upon us. So cheer up!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.