Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
OK.

Bode slept late before the downhill, skipped the course inspection and arrived only one hour before the start of the race.

The head coach was quoted as saying: "Bode does things his own way. I believe he is trying. But this is the Olympics and is it enough?"

Apparently not.

Christina
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
From another thread: All he wants to do is ski and be left alone

And be famous and rich but not "that famous".

As far as blaming the media, they didn't write his autobiography; he did. Nor did the media pick the title: "Bode: Go Fast, Be Good, Have Fun."

Wonder if he's still having fun?

Christina

You have no idea what you are talking about. True he got a book deal. Skiers and most snow sports people get very little recognition from the rest of the masses in the US. Most prefer the NFL and NASCAR. Get it while you can.

Did you happen to read his book? I recently did. While being part of the US team skiing is an individual sport.

He is having fun and will continue to do so. Next week is another race which is part of the bigger picture.

bigpix
You have no idea what you are talking about

Excuse me? Did I get the results of his first three races incorrect? Did I get the title of his book wrong? Did he not acknowledge on 60 Minutes earlier this year that he ran his last race while drunk?

I understand that team skiing is an individual sport - which may be why he doesn't travel with the team and skips team meetings.

Apparently since I don't ski, I don't know what I'm talking about. However, I am capable of checking the results and gee -- he's just doing so well at these games, isn't he? But you know what? The results don't really matter -- it's much more important that "he is having fun".

PLEEEZZZZEEEEEEE!

Christina

Two things. You have yet to say anything about the original post. What about the women's team?

As far as his admisision on 60 Minutes, what he said was that he was hung over, not drunk. Big difference.

Yes, the women's team took a hit with a bad fall but the results for the team so far and seeing how they skied is clear.

They need to get on it.

bigpix
As far as his admisision on 60 Minutes, what he said was that he was hung over, not drunk. Big difference.

Either way, it is unlikely he was competing at peak performance in that situation. I am not saying he was drunk at the Olympics. I am not saying that his mistakes were exceptional or uncommon for the downhill. What I am saying is that he brings the media attention onto himself, and that while his approach may be what makes him comfortable, it does not seem conducive to winning.

Fuskie
Who agrees the women have just had plain bad luck...
hile his approach may be what makes him comfortable, it does not seem conducive to winning.

Like I just stated, he won the World Cup Overall last year. That is a major feat.

Let's also not forget that sometimes someone else is just better on a particular day.

As Bode said after getting fifth the other day, he thought he had second but he was out skied.

bigpix
Hey you, you got antlers.

But don't wear them on the slopes unless you can walk the walk.

bigpix
They need to get on it.

And Bode doesn't?

Christina
v

What you fail to see is that he does. The women so far appear to be phoning it in.

He missed a gate because he was charging hard. Finding the fastest way down the hill.

If you won't discuss the women, I won't discuss Bode.

It's about midway in the Games. Let's hope hope the Women and the Men including Bode have better results.

bigpix
Like I just stated, he won the World Cup Overall last year. That is a major feat.

As a former boss of mine used to say: What have you done for me TODAY? The World Cup is old news. Check out the name of this board -- it's the Olympic Games.

Christina
Hey you, you got antlers.

Yes, I did.

But don't wear them on the slopes unless you can walk the walk.

As you well know, I don't go "on the slopes". But that doesn't prevent me from being able to comment on someone who does and who is supposedly "a champ".

Christina
If you won't discuss the women, I won't discuss Bode.

You mean that you'll stop defending him now? OK!

Christina
"Like I just stated, he won the World Cup Overall last year. That is a major feat.

Let's also not forget that sometimes someone else is just better on a particular day.

As Bode said after getting fifth the other day, he thought he had second but he was out skied."

And how many Olymic metals??????????? What a shame.

You seem to take pleasure in his misfortune. What a shame.

bigpix
"You seem to take pleasure in his misfortune. What a shame."

Actually, I don't. He just has not seemed focused at all on the World's biggest stage. One snafu you can take a pass on, but come on now.

All he wants to do is ski and be left alone

That's why we see him every commerical break pimping his website.