Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
At various times in the past few months, I have found Bank of America's online banking tends to be crash-prone particularly when using dial-up (modem) access at 28.8 or 56k.

BofA's online banking platform works well using network/T-1/high speed connections but the majority of their customers will still be using dial-up (i use a network connection at work but dial-up at home).

I wrote e-mail messages to BofA about these technical problems, citing that I have found online banking very reliable with other banks like Bank of Internet, PC Banker, State Farm Bank, ING Direct and Wells Fargo.

Have others experienced technical problems with Bank of America? Today I logged into my account using dial-up access and - for the first time in a few months - had NO technical crashes using the secure online banking application, although it ran noticeably slower than in the past. Any thoughts from users here?

Overall, Bank of America's online banking platform exhibits substantial improvements in their features and functionality but I have doubts about the robustness of their platform....could anyone here comment if they have had similar problems?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.