Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am curious on the recommendations for Naked Puts. When the recommendation for BOFI came out, it talked about selling a June 85 PUT for $2.10 with a margin/risk of approximately $8290. For the same margin risk, you could do 20 Put Credit Spread June 85/80 with a potential profit of 1400 and the same risk. I understand that one difference is that on the Naked Put the end game if the stock goes down is to take assignment and then trade this as a long term trade. But it seems like a Credit Spread would be a higher profit plan, with no more actual risk.

What are others thoughts.
Print the post Back To Top
Hi mwlipari:

I'm not going to comment specifically on your question, but I wanted to point out that you posted this question on the general public BOFI discussion board.

I suspect (given your question) that you're a MF Options subscriber - and thus I'd recommend re-posting your question on the MFO/BOFI discussion board. You'll find those are very active and someone more knowledgeable than me will be glad to help I'm sure.

Hope that's helpful.

Scott
Thanks Scott - first time using the board and did realize this morning when checking for response I posted in wrong place.