Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 9
Bogey said:
I disagree (not surprising) and believe this is something that you and others have never, ever understood. We never said that "anyone charging could not be honest and forthcoming." What we always said is that "anyone charging ridiculously expensive prices for buy and sell newsletters that have poor track records should not be patronized."

I don't want to get into this again. It's possible that I have misunderstood, although I've probably read as much Fool material as anyone here, and I've long been a loyal participant. I have far above average comprehension skills. It's possible I have misunderstood the basic premise of the "Wise" vs. "Fool" dichotomy, but it's also possible you are backpedaling from your longstanding bashing of all things Wall Street. Just like it's possible you made a strategic decision to not go public during the best of times, but it's also possible you couldn't gather much interest from the "Wise" because of your criticisms, which I guess it's possible they also misunderstood.

In my opinion, you are once again retreating into your oft-used "Trust us, we are the good guys" routine. As I said, I know you are the good guys. But I also think there are good guys around who don't like the way they look in Jester Caps.

As for performance, it's getting harder and harder to follow the various performance records of the Portfolios. The majority of the Ports that were started have now disappeared, and the most successful, the Rulebreaker, has record keeping so convoluted I can't follow it and I have a pretty thorough understanding of numbers. You guys continue to account for all your profits in AOL and AMZN, even though you sold much of those positions. Face it, that is done to promote your success, not to be easy to follow. As far as I know, out of all the Ports started, only Rulebreaker and the Drip outperform market indices. Your records seem to match a lot of Mutual Funds. Again, I could be wrong, and a detailed response that shows where I'm wrong is welcome. (For a better discussion of this, see albaby1 in http://fireboards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15208825 )

There is no shame in trying to turn a profit. We've all expected it from the beginning, and you shouldn't try and gloss over it now. You portray yourself differently than you did in the beginning. Get over it. All things change. We can handle that.

Rick
Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.