Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
(CROSS POSTED TO LBYM BOARD)

I'm organizing a specialized reading group with some people I know in Japan who are interested in reading books in English.

Their level of English varies from so-so to fluent; and we will be reading books that are somewhat accessible to all of the members (ie, no "War & Peace"). I've put together a list of books for everyone to vote on (included below); but I haven't read all of them, and it's been years since I've read others.

So: I'm looking for a website that gives SHORT, consise summaries about books - "the book in a nutshell", essentially. Bartleby, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Cliff Notes -- none of these sites have what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any other suggestions??? Thanks in advance!

---
1984, George Orwell
Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Mark Twain
The Alchemist
All the Little Animals
Angela's Ashes
Animal Farm
The Autobiography of a Schizophrenic Girl
A Boy's Life
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Diary of Anne Frank (in English)
Flowers For Algernon
Grendel
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Jonathan Livingston Seagull
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Little Women
Memoirs of a Geisha
Nine Stories
Of Mice and Men
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Phantom Tollbooth
A River Runs Through It
The Story of My Life
To Kill a Mockingbird
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.